• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My Story:(

sara58

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a six and a half year old son and trying to conceive #2 since April. But not on a regular basis. Here's my story. My mom died when I was just a year old baby while pregnant to my brother whom the doctors couldn't save either. So I have a half brother and a half sister. I thank God for them. But I've always wondered what it felt like to have a sibling sharing the same blood with you. Anyway. I gave a C-section birth to my son so I went to an ob-gyn for a check up. She said everything seemed OK. But since I didn't want to lose time she put me on Clomid. Then I developed two eggs and then I hot HGC shot. But my DH was going through some problems at that time and he didn't want to give it a try. I was devastated for it was like throwing away all the efforts for the last two months. But nope I couldn't talk him into it. That month was wasted. Then I went on using the remaining 5 Clomid pills and when I visited my ob-gyn on the given date. She said that I have already ovulated and that I should BD that day. Unfortunately that day on his way home my dh (sorry for the TMI) ejaculated which was not in his control. We tried that night, but it didn't work for that month either. Then I took a break. After a month or two I decided to use Clomid on my own and use OPKs and preseed. That's what I did. I took two Clomid pills a day and then when I had positive OPK we BD that day using preseed. I think we gave it another try or two. It didn't work for us that month either. I went to my parents' then and stayed there for a month and a half. Then I came back and visited my ob-gyn who advised HSG which proved both my tubes were fine. She said we shouldn't try that month for my ovaries were exposed to X-rays and that would lead to some defects if I conceived that month. We held on. The following month she put me on Serophene (two a day) and I developed two follies one 16mm and another 22mm. I got HGC shot again and she said we should try the next day between 20-24hh (it was 13:30 when I got the shot), the day after that and the following day. We tried at 1:30 a.m. next day, then he couldn't do it the next day and the following day I had to spend the night at a hospital since my sister-in-law had gone through an operation (they're trying IVF by the way, have problems both). So of course I didn't conceive this time either. I went to ob-gyn on the 2nd day of my cycle and she said that I have a cyst and put me on BCP. I'm now on the 8th day of BCP and will visit the doctor again on the 2nd day of my cycle. She also advised semen analysis. But my dh refuses to take one. He says I'm fine. There's nothing wrong with us, you're exaggerating. But I've been feeling terrible since April and angry at him that maybe if we tried that month, it would have worked. The couples around us all have 2nd children, most of them had their 1st one after us. So please advise. The day I got my AF last time. I cried like crazy, pulling the blanket over my head. I just wanted to open the window and shout "Why?". I prayed to God and I'm trying to make my peace with the situation. But my family is away and seeing my son alone just breaks my heart. I can't cope with it anymore.

I'm curious why your doctor has put you through all this when you haven't been trying long at all by most standards, did it take you a long time to conceive your son? Were you not ovulating on your own, or regularly and that was why she felt the need to put you on the clomid?

You said you've been trying since April, but not on a regular basis and it sounds like you may have not had the best timing during several of those months things did line up. Even though it can seem like an eternity when you want to conceive so badly I would try not to assume the worst unless/until you really nail timing many times.

Do you chart by chance? Do you know if you're ovulating regularly? Sounds like your tubes looked good so that's great, and if your husband is the father of your son odds are his semen hasn't changed that much in just 6 years.

not to be rude but it sound like your OH isnt trying... this stuff doesn't happen on its own (my OH doesn't accidentally ejaculate while driving - that's very odd, in fact in 6 years he hasnt accidentally ejaculate at all)

and

you dont sound massively committed (taking time off all over the place for random things)

as PP im also confused as to why your on all this stuff so soon... my FS wont prescribe it yet (need to wait another 2 months) and we have been trying constantly for over a year and a half (bar 1 month when I was in hospital for sepsis and they removed my appendix)

If i was an FS I certainly would prescribe something that can damage the ovaries to someone who is only trying it off and on for a short period of time and not committing to it

Talk to your OH you need to be on the same page and the (barring life or death) ignore everything else when its time to commit

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->