My toddler's overnight nappies have started to leak :(

Rydia

1 Boy & 1 Girl
Reaction score
My son has been sleeping in tots bots (they are a two part nappy with a terry like inner and a plastic cover) with a fleece liner for over a year without leaking. Well for the last couple of weeks he has been wet in the mornings :( Is there anything I can do for this specific nappies to increase asorbancy? I cannot just add boosters like I would for a pocket nappy :(

If there is nothing that I can do with the ones that I have are there any good over night nappies for toddlers? I would like one that would last him until he is 2 or 3. As i have learned something that works for a 6 month or 12 month old will not necessarily work for an older baby so I would love to hear from those with older children as to what worked for them. I dont really want to invest in alot of new nappies at this point in time esp if they wont last to potty training.

2 bamboo squares, folded together, and covered with a wool cover has NEVER failed for us. Absolutely soaks up everything!

This may be a stupid question but why can't you add boosters? They could either go under the fleece liner, or outside the fitted nappy, held in place by the wrap surely?

This may be a stupid question but why can't you add boosters? They could either go under the fleece liner, or outside the fitted nappy, held in place by the wrap surely?

Oh maybe I am the clueless one--do you think I could add boosters ? I dont think there is room under the fleece liner as the nappies are quite tight on my LO atm but I could try one under the wrap. Do you have any suggestions as to a type that would go well under a wrap and provide good aborbency esp towards his front?

2 bamboo squares, folded together, and covered with a wool cover has NEVER failed for us. Absolutely soaks up everything!

Thanks for that maybe I should try to change the cover too I hadnt thought of that (all of my day time nappies are pockets so I am not very good with these two part systems). Wool would absorb more than a plastic cover wouldnt it ? Thanks for your help.

If you got something like a small bamboo booster, I think you could probably squeeze it inside the fitted. I'm assuming that the tight parts are around the waist/fastening, and a small-ish booster wouldn't affect that.

I would choose a natural fibre one like bamboo or hemp as they're both very absorbent for their size. If you wanted more absorbency towards the front, you could fold a booster over at the front, or just get a short booster and put it at the front. My LO wees a lot more at the front and I do that when she needs boosters.

You could try a prefold or terry nappy folded over the nappy if you wanted but I would just go with a simple booster. If you wanted it outside the fitted, I would put the fitted on as usual, then lay the booster inside the wrap where you want it and then put the wrap on as usual.

Oh or you could try a Disana tie-on nappy over the top of the fitted, under the wrap. I had great success when I tried that (and I put a booster inside the Disana too!).

recently on my toddler i had a blueberry side snap ( large)with their standard insert and put an extra microfibre booster in it and added a PUL wrap over the outside ( pul caus i dont have fleece or wool wraps yet lol got to get my knitting needles out ) and he did 14 hours in it, ( this child wees through disposables in 10 hours )

How is he leaking? Legs, cuffs, thru the wrap? Is the nappy soaked? It's just possible it could be that the wrap is faulty - if it's pul then a short blast in a tumbler should reseal it

Older babies tend to "power wee" by holding their wee in and then letting it all out in one go, so some nappies can struggle to absorb it quickly enough. Try adding a microfibre booster on top of a bamboo booster. The microfibre will absorb the liquid quickly whilst the bamboo will boost the absorbency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->