my traumatic birth of Ryan 8lbs 5oz 12/09/10

llsarahll

Mum to Ryan
Reaction score
Hi guys this is the first chance ive had to post my birth story of my gorgeous baby boy Ryan :) well here goes....

he was due the 31 of august but decided to come 12 days late, I went on the monday at 40 + 6 to get a sweep and was told his head was too high and nothing was happening :cry: i was so stressed out and just wanted him here.

so the following week wednesday 8th of sept i went for another sweep at 41 + 1 and his head was still high but when she was doing the internal it was very painful and uncomfy, and the midwife said doesnt look like much is happening and i was due the following week for induction so she booked that.

Later that day my back was sore and my stomach was really sore i just couldnt get comfortable at all and i didnt think anything of it at the time, and that night i never got a wink of sleep with the pain in my belly.

the following day the same again the pain was unbareable but the pains where too far apart to go to the hospital so i just plodded along and i lost my plug this day aswell (friday).

i woke up on the saturday i had a pad on and it was soaking with yellowy brown coloured water and i wasnt sure if it was my waters or not ? so i phoned up and was told to come in thinking nothing of it i went up to the maternity ward with nothing but my partner and notes lol, and had an internal and i was so scared the midwife told me it was meconium in my waters the baby had poo'd and was told the baby needed to come out as soon as so i wasnt going home with out my baby boy so i got the drip in to bring on the contractions and oh boy did they hurt but i managed to get to 6cm dilated with only gas and air then it got unbareable and i opted for the epidural and what a relieve the pain was completely gone and 2 hours later i was 10cm and ready to push.

But his head was sitting in the wrong position and his heart rate kept dropping with my contractions so i was rushed into theatre and almost got a C-section but ended up getting cut with forceps and after 13 hours my beautiful baby boy was born at 00:41am 8lb 5oz :) it was eventful but i wouldnt chance it for the world

here is a few photos of him xxx

minutes old xxx

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs312.ash2/59245_159678494045632_100000104480814_517215_905373_n.jpg

3 weeks old

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs386.snc4/44967_165453540134794_100000104480814_554230_7375170_n.jpg

God you did well, bet you were scared. But look at him !! He's gorgeous :kiss:

Congratulations :happydance::flower::flower:

Congratulations - what a stunner!!! Sounds traumatic, but you did it and what a gorgeous lad you've got there. Well done you!!! xxx

Thanks alot he is such a cutie it was worth all the pain and madness that went on loving every minute of being a mummy :) xx

Awww, you did so well! Congratulations, your little man is gorgeous! x

Beautiful!
Congratulations!

Thank you xx cant believe he is 6 weeks already I'm loving being a mummy xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g