my trip to a new life :)

Kayley

Reaction score
Am unsure if I'm posting this is the right section but here goes...

Ever since my ex fiancé left me just before Xmas last year I have been planning a trip to Thailand for May 2014. Specifically this time because that was the month we were supposed to be getting married so I wanted to divert my emotions I suppose from planning my dream wedding to the man I was completely in love with to a trip of a lifetime. It is a trip for me to discover myself and to hopefully finally let go and move on.

Well 10 months down the line after lots of planning and decisions I finally have enough money to book the trip, it is sat in the bank screaming at me to get on and book my flight. HOWEVER even after all the planning, decision making, research and all the excitement, there is something stopping me from booking.

I know for a fact the thing stopping me from booking is my girls, I feel completely selfish for taking this trip alone and leaving them. They will be with their dads (who despite not being good partners I can't deny that they are pretty decent fathers!) I am planning 2-3 weeks so it's not a lifetime but I feel very anxious about looking selfish.

I keep thinking I could use the money to book a holiday for the 3 of us (even though that would be quite hard work)

Without being judgemental my question is - would you do it if you had the chance? Am I being a bad mother?

I had my eldest daughter at the age of 18 so I haven't really ever had the chance to experience things by myself. I never went on girls holidays or went to uni - my girls are my whole world. Should I take this break from reality to find myself?

Following on from this post that I posted back in October, I thought I would say that I have booked my trip for May. I am going for 20 days and travelling all around Thailand.

I am excited, nervous, anxious and scared. I will be leaving my heart back home with my girls but I am looking at the holiday as the beginning of a whole new life. A door way I guess.

Im sure you will have a great time. If you didnt go the girls still wouldnt have your full attention as you would have your mind on the wedding. Dont feel guilty, some time to yourself will be amazing.

I remember your thread and yay!!! So glad you booked it :) It really will be the trip of a lifetime. I hope you have a great time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->