My turn to rant

Gabi

Reaction score
I cannot believe the nerve of some people!~

This might be a long post so forgive me.

About a year ago two of my friends from school started dating. The guy I've known since highschool has always been an asshole but he was a friend nonetheless. The other friend.. wow I've known her for over 15 years. She's gotto be the longest friend I've had.

Anyway. Last September when I fell pregnant she did too. We were the same amount of weeks. When I found out mine wasn't viable she went on to find that hers was fine.

When she hit about 3 months, lets call him Dave* and her Beccy* just to save a bit of confusion. Well when Beccy hit 3 months Dave decided that it wasn't working out and he couldn't handle the stress so he walked out.

A few weeks later she tried to see if they could sort it out. She told me she didn't want her child growing up without a father. So she tried to involve him and his family as much as possible.
He never bought a single thing during the pregnancy. He nevr attended any of the scans even though he was invited to. Throughtout the entire time he gave her enough money to buy a bottle of heartburn medication and half a scan.
She moved in with her parents and she's bought everything from the cot to the clothes to the pram. Everything.

Well just recently Dave decided to start playing the guilt card on her. He told her the child (a boy) is to be named after his father. She told him she'll think about it. Since his father had done nothing and neither had he.

Well teh time for the baby shower came up and Dave's mother started playing the guilt card on Beccy saying that she wont be coming to the baby shower but Beccy must go there to visit her. Now at this time Beccy was 8-9 months pregnant so she was going nowhere.

Well last Saturday was her baby shower (her due date was the 12th of April) he wasn't there and neither was his family.
On Sunday morning she went into labour. During labour he went to visit her. He sat through one contraction with her then left because it was too much for him. He sent her mother back in with her.
Then he had the cheek to bitch at her afterwards saying that she robbed him of the most precious time of his childs life because he missed the birth.

When he went to see them both he wouldn't touch nor hold his son at all. He said it wasn't the right time yet.

Today I heard the latest, after another argument he sent her a text message to tell her he can't date her anymore.

*insert outrageous swearing here* I'm done. Going to make myself a cup of tea before I break something.

What a tw*t, he doesn't deserve any rights towards his child at all. There's no way she should consider granting his name request.

No she didn't thankfully.

She named him a very beautiful name in the end. I'm sure much to this a$$holes disgust.

What a w@*!!r! I hope that she manages to build a life for her and her beutiful new bundle, without him

:hugs: hope you feel better for having a rant. He is a prick & as the other girls said her & her baby are better off without him!!

He sounds like an uncaring jerk that should grow up!

Here in Canada, the rights to visitation also means the mother's rights to obtain child support. Hope your friend takes that into consideration.

Although, if I were her, I wouldn't want anything to do with him. Yet, one does have to think about the baby and what is right.

:hugs:

Thanks girls :hugs:
Yeh I feel a bit better. Forced my temper down. LOL I sat apologising to LO about it.

She doesn't seem too upset about it. She's got a loving and supportive family who will help her. We've actually all been expecting it. From the first time he started having doubts I think everyone knew deep down something like this would happen. I was actually worried that he'd try and take over once the baby had arrived. Especially when he "put his foot down" with the name.

I seriously doubt he'll even bother visiting them. He hasn't all through the past months at all. He's made her go and visit him. The fact that he couldn't even be bothered to hold his child or be present for the birth tells me that nothing has changed. He doesn't want to grow up and be responsible.

She's luckily over the moon with her new baby. You can tell she's really happy and not too concerned about this nonsense.

Complete jerk!! She's and the baby are better off without him!

she gave him his chance, and he threw it away. i am very glad that she has such a wonderful supporting family and can make it without him. Some guys just need to grow up some, what a loser!

Congratulations to your friend on her healthy baby boy!

Imature, selfish Tw*t!!! How come some men can pick and choose when and if they are going to be involved in their child's life and we would never see there was anything to make a choice about? (Not ofence ment to fathers who want to be a part of their baby's life and are not allowed).

Suddenly, very appreciative of my partner - need to go and call him :)

Well.. my mom and sister walked into him on Saturday. Wow! He is a complete #$%@&. He told my mom that he was kicked out of the delivery room and not allowed to see his child.

Then Beccy* refused to have his name put on the birth certificate.
The real story there is that.. no his name isn't there because he had to be there to sign the freaking paper! She phoned him to say she was doing it and he gave her attitude saying he's too busy.
So now suddenly it's her fault that his name isn't there. She told me it doesn't change the fact that he's the father she just needed to get it sorted ASAP and couldn't wait for him to decide when best suits him.

I know he's talking Horse*$^# I've known them both for 10+ years. I know who I can trust and who not. I seriously doubt this is the first child he's got running around out there anyway.

Oh... and he's taking her to court apparently. Because he wants to see his son and she wont let him. Now from my first post... Did it sound like she was cutting him out or if he wasn't interested?
:hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"