My wedding babble thread **Pictures now added**

The dress is home again! :D and omg its next week!

I feel like i should have loads to do but i dont!

it's cos you are super organized!!!

I really hope I am this time next year!

next weeeeeeeek!!!!

I can't believe you are getting married next week? I've been stalking and I can't believe it's so close now! Woo!

Hello future favourite sister in law :D

NEXT WEEK!!! :happydance: SO excited for you sweetie!

A week!
I still feel like theres things to do! But there isnt!

My dress is home and everything is organised pretty much, just need to phone the registry who havent contacted us yet!

was talking to Laura yesterday and I think it's normal to feel like you should have loads to do! She is the same!

:hi:

Been a bit quiet in this thread :blush:

With 3 days to go we have a ceremony change!
Within all the info stuff the registrar sent us by email (who just contacted us on Friday) there was some bits she had said to me to ignore as it was info from another district.
Whilst reading i found some bits for Handfasting!
Handfasting is the Pagan marriage ritual, with Rob being Pagan we had originally wanted to do this but didnt think it would be possible without hiring a druid etc and costing alot of money!

I emailed the registrar back and asked if she would do it, even though it was in the bits she said to ignore and she said yes!

So made a quick dash out to town today to find some ribbons/cord for the tieing the hands together part. weve gone for red, gold and green. The meanings for as below:
Red: passion, strength, lust, fertility
Green: finances, fertility, charity, prosperity, health
Gold: energy, wealth, intelligence, longevity

I did phone a pagan/wiccan shop this morning for advice on the ribbons and she suggested red and gold were popular, we wer ehappy with the meanings for those and added in green.

These are the "vows" for handfasting (or handbinding as they call it)

With a Hand fastening cord:

Woven into this cord, imbued into its very fibres, are all the hopes of your friends

and family and of yourselves, for your new life together. With the fashioning of this

knot do I tie all the desires, dreams, love and happiness wished here in this place

to your lives for as long as love shall last.

In the joining of hands and the fashion of a knot, so your lives are now bound, one
to another.

By this cord you are thus bound to your vow. May this knot remain tied for as long

as love shall last.

MAY THIS CORD DRAW YOUR HANDS TOGETHER IN LOVE, NEVER TO BE
USED

IN ANGER. MAY THE VOWS YOU HAVE SPOKEN NEVER GROW BITTER IN

YOUR

MOUTHS.

Aww that sounds absolutely lovely :cloud9: Can't believe it's nearly here :dance: xxx

that sounds lovely, so glad you were able to include it :happydance:

really excited for you, 3 days to go :dance:

So happy you got the ceremony you originally wanted without having to pay extra! :dance: Some things are just meant to be!

Yay :D

Just got everything out and checked its all as should be.
Flowers, button holes, bridesmaid bouquet
Jewellery, haircomb, something old (bracelet)
Table decs are still in one piece
Rings are still in the boxes

The favour boxes are all done, part with ribbons becuase i ran out :lol: I just need to figure out when to take them and the table decs over .

Were seeing the registrar tomorrow, my brother, his son and my dad all arrive tomorrow at various times aswell and to fit in a haircut for Rob as it wasnt done right on Sunday when we thought we could save time and get it done then

Goddd 3 days left!!! How amazing! xx

Eeek!! 3 days left! :happydance:

That's amazing that you're able to include Rob's Pagan bits in there too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back