My yellow bump turned PINK!!!

summerbreeze8

Proud new Mummy
Reaction score
Well a quick update whilst my baby girl is sleeping! Still can't believe I am saying that! I was convinced we were having a boy but still shocked and so happy with my little baby girl!
She was born on Friday 22nd July at 3.27pm at 40+4 but actually according to my original due date and not the scan date it would have been her due date!
I started having some back pains and period type pains at 4.15am on Friday which woke me up. I started walking around and my husband woke up and I told him I thought this was it. I ran a bath & sat in it for a while which was relaxing and passed a bit of time by having a cup of tea, washing my hair and packing bits on my bags etc. By 7am the contractions were already around 5-7 minutes apart. I rang my Mum and the triage unit to see what I should do! Triage said ring back when it gets unbearable. By 8am the contractions were 3 mins apart and I was having to breathe through them. They told me to come in and get checked. I was convinced they would say I was only 2cm and to go home. They did all the checks and told me I was 6cm! That was the best bit! After that when the 2nd stage set in the pain was so bad, I was one of those people you see on 'One Born Every Minute' screaming through every contraction! I always said I would never be like that! I think the whole ward could hear me. The gas and air was attached to me and I was high as a kite all the way through but it doesn't help with the pain! But well worth it to take your mind off things! Everything is a little hazy tho, I have to keep asking hubby what went on!
Anyway the next 4-6 hours were just horrible contractions and me asking for an epidural but too late! An hour of pushing and they thought I might need an episiotomy but finally one last push and her head was here! Finally!
They said it's a girl and put my baby girl on my chest! It's all a bit of a blur but I will never forget the pain! I really thought it wouldn't be that bad! Sorry if that puts you off! It's all worth it in the end!
Willow Amelia was born on the last day of term at the end of the school day (I'm a teacher!) and she is now sleeping peacefully in her moses basket and I'm in love!
Good luck ladies, it really is amazing and worth it. Oh and overdue mummies, even tho it was only 4 days for me, I know how frustrating it can be. I kept active walking around and bouncing on my birthing ball and then ordered a tesco online shop to be delivered between 4pm and 6pm the next day! We never got it! Lol!

Aaahhh congrats on the birth of your daughter.... Your Tesco comment made me chuckle cos I have a delivery booked to come tomorrow!!!!

Enjoy this special time xx

huge congrats to u xxxxxx

Congrats on the birth of your baby girl!! Xx

Huge Congrats hun!!!!! What a precious little girl... yay you!!!!

Congrats to u both!!! :flower: Awww, sure she is very cute!
Me n my hubby wanted this to be surprised but at 4D scan (25 weeks) we recognised her 3 lines and knew its girl and songrapher said would u like me to tell u the sex? and we said yeah and she said its girl then it made me tear! We really thought we having boy cos my first child is a boy but was really surprised im carrying a girl. Can't really believe that we are going to have a baby girl in 6 weeks!!
To u both, enjoy every moment with ur precious baby girl :)

HUGE congratulations and a big well done - i was so happy to see you'd had your little one!! :happydance: xx

Congratulations! She is beautiful and looks so sweet.

Congratulations on your little baby girl!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->