Myles Alexander Abraham 14.08.09

golcarlilly

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
After seeing my mw on Wednesday 12th I was fully expecting to be induced on Friday 21st at 42 weeks but luckily Myles had other plans...

I started with mild contractions on Thursday 13th at lunchtime and they came at ten minute intervals for an hour and a half then stopped. DH and I went to bed at eleven that night and I woke up at one when the pains started again. By four a.m. they were coming every five minutes and getting a bit stronger so i decided to wake DH as this was definitely 'it' !

I phoned the hospital at half six and was told to take paracetamol and ring back when pains got stronger or if my waters broke so I had some breakfast and rang again at 8.30 to check when i would need to go in for my iv antibiotics (for a floppy heart valve) and was told i would need them two hours prior to giving birth ( I didn't get them in the end as the mw said it didnt mention them in my notes!) and to ring again when the pains were taking my breath away!

By ten o'clock the pains were every four minutes and hurting a lot so we phoned and said we were going in and we gathered the last few bits for my labour bag and set off...

By the time we arrived at the hospital ( twenty minutes later) my contractions were every 3 minutes and very painful, we were greeted at the labour ward and were taken to triage where I was examined by a male mw and found to be only 3 cm dilated, they gave me some codeine and suggested a bath to hopefully dilate me further and I went and got in. The bathroom was tiny and really airless and after half an hour I had to get out. My pains were really bad by this time and coming every minute and I asked DH to call the mw and ask for pain relief. When he came in he examined me again (it was ten to one by this time) and I was amazed to find I was now 9.5cm and would soon be pushing! I started on the gas and air then which helped a little but I really think it just gave me something to focus on during contractions rather than actually dulling the pain!

The contractions were coming thick and fast and the mw who was to deliver me came in and introduced herself and filled out some formsand we discussed positions then she fetched a birthing stool for me to try, I sat on it for a while and soon felt the urge to push but we weren't getting anywhere so i tried kneeling up over the back of the bed and after a couple of pushes my waters broke. She was monitoring lo's heartbeat and said that he was tiring and took the gas and air off me and suggested I try standing up so I did, with one foot on the bed and my arm around DH's shoulder (he said I nearly broke his neck LOL) and after a couple more pushes I felt faint (probably from all the gas and air I had guzzled till she confiscated it!) so I got on the bed and pushed like crazy and suddenly there was my baby :cloud9: He was delivered onto my tummy and I breastfed him straight away, DH and I were totally overwhelmed by how gorgeous he was and everyone else by how big he was - 9 lb 12.5 oz :shock: and we had been expecting around 7lb by the size of my bump!!

Unfortunately I had a third degree tear and the mw soon advised me I needed to go to theatre and have a spinal to be sutured up which I was really fed up about after having done all the hard work with only gas and air, I was terrified of surgery too (especially the spinal as I hate needles) but it actually didn't hurt at all and I was back on the ward in an hour and a half with DH and my lovely new son waiting for me :cloud9:

I had to stay in hospital for two days - until I had had my first bowel movement - and I arrived home on Sunday 16th August at lunchtime.

I am so happy to finally have my beloved Myles, I feel like the luckiest woman alive, the birth was very, very painful but Myles is worth every single second of it!

:cloud9:

Lovely Tracy!! So pleased for you. Myles is gorgeous xx

yeh finally :dance: massive congrats !! and wot a big boy !!

Lovely story - and glad he made his appearance sooner rather than later... :hugs:

Well done!

You did better than me - I would have smacked the mw in the fae if she'd tried to take the gas & air away!

Well done!

You did better than me - I would have smacked the mw in the fae if she'd tried to take the gas & air away!

:rofl: I prob would have done but for the fact I panicked when she said his hb was dropping and he was getting tired :(

Loads of Congratulations to you all! He's lovely - well done - hope you are recovering well :hugs: :)

Congratulations you make it sound so easy! xx

i found ur birth story!! its brillaint hun n u did SOOO well!!! welcome little Myles :hugs:
xxxxx well done!

Golcar..... hurray and congratulations, just returned from 2 wk holiday and wondered how you were getting on. Great news love to you, yours and Myles xx.

Jx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"