Nail polish when c-sect?

Bubsta

Love my Girl & baby Boy!
Reaction score
Did I read somewhere that if you end up with a c-sect that they take any nail polish off? :shrug: bit of a random question but I vaguely recall reading this??

I've been told this too. My friend ended up with an emergency c section and they had tho remove her polish.

Yup, they have to remove it from fingers and toes. They can judge a lot by your nail colour. I had a few days notice before mine and was told no make up, no nail varnish x

Thanks. I thought so, just wasnt 100%. I had an EMCS with my DD but wasn't wearing any nail polish. I failed to dilate last time, soi wouldn't be overly surprised if the same thing happens again. Do u reckon I'd be safe to just go with a French manicure? I know it's vain, but would be nice if I did end up with a c-sect, that I at least had a little shine?

I've no idea really. I know one of my friends had clear varnish on and they removed that?x

I've no idea really. I know one of my friends had clear varnish on and they removed that?x

Damn! That surprises me!
I thought it would be so they could see the 'pink bits' :haha: maybe I'll just give them a buff instead. X

It's so they can measure your oxygen saturations accurately with the sats probe (often you get a false reading with nail varnish on) it also helps to check you capillary refill :)

What about the longer lasting varnishes. E.g. Shellac.
Would routine nail colour remover remove this?
I guess if it is strong acetone it will remove anything???
I can see no problem with the normal manicures though.

We use acetone in a&e so guess that's wat they would use

Anyone have any clue what they do if you wear acrylic nails?

my friend had a c-sec and had bright pink nail varnish on, her's was a planned c-sec and they didn't remove it, had a full face of make up on too when she went down and came back.

Iv been told to any type of false nails, and nail varnish, make up, jewellery etc...

Im going to have a little bag of piercings lol

I had an emergency C-section almost 4 years ago and I had my nails polished and they did not take it off. I'll have a planned C-section on early May so I'll see if they say anything this time. It's good to know though!

Hey I wanted acrylic toenails and told not, so if had french manicure gellish nails done that can be removed with acetone free varnish remover.
Just so they can see your cuticles and the colour of them. I do however know a lot of ppl who had emcs and they kept their varnish on. X

I think it depends where you are. Don't think it matters in the US but someone correct me if I'm wrong!

the little pulse thing they put on your finger is the reason they remove polish. i dont know why some places do all fingers and toes.. maybe so you wont look weird with only one finger unpainted? lol

They are my own nails, so hopefully that will help. I think I'll take the chance with a French manicure. I'll probably only do one coat (excluding the white tip). The pink part of the nail can still be seen. I'll take that chance. Hopefully they won't remove it or only remove one nail.... Hey, I'm getting ahead of myself anyway. I might have a success VBAC! See how I go. :flower:

Anyone have any clue what they do if you wear acrylic nails?

At my hospital as long as they can see your toenails it's ok. I wear acrylics all the time on my fingers but probably best to ask what your hospital's procedure is as they tend to vary

I dont know about c-sections but I do remember when I had my ERPC (D&C) I was told no false nails of any sort and no nail polish - another lady on the ward was asked to remove hers while we were waiting, she was not happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->