Name help please!

Calibeachbum

Mom to DS
Reaction score
Ok so my DH is Frank F the 4th. He would like to stick to tradition and name him Frank F 5th. I'm not a fan of the name!! I would never call him that. Is there any good nicknames for this name? Please help!

Frankie is cute. But you could also call him something completely different. My cousin's name is David Garrett, but everyone calls him Buddy.

Is there any way they would let you put in an extra middle name?

I think I would let my husband continue the tradition, but I would also strike a deal with him that I would get to pick the whole name for the next child by myself, no vetoes and no questions asked.

Lots of people go by their middle name so you could do that if your husband is on board ith Frank as first name but not actually using it.

It's Frank Francis, I love the name Mason but it would be weird to have his legal name Frank Francis and call him Mason. Thanks for the replies, it's getting closer so I need to figure it out.

That's very tough, as usually with this tradition people can alter the name slightly or by going by their middle name, etc. yet in your situation Frank and Francis are actually pretty much the same name as far as I'm concerned since I've seen people call both girls and boys named Francis "Frankie".

Personally I think since your LB would be the 5th, it's time to start a new tradition, but just my opinion of course. I am not at all a fan of using the same exact name.

Why not change the tradition by incorporating another name but keep Francis/Frank as either first or middle name.

Mason Francis sounds nice, IMO

Frank IS a nickname for Francis, so they actually are the same name. :shrug:

pick a random nickname maybe?

I know tonnes of people with nicknames unrelated to their name, some suggestions:

angel
babe
bear
baby
bubby
buddy
bumper
buster
champ
chick
cookie
darlin
diamond
dove
ducky
etc....

or nickname him after something related, such as:

my friends child was conceived at a festival in Donnington so Donny is cute

another friend was born on Halloween so Casper (like the cartoon ghost)

one person was born with ginger hair (now blonde) but is still called Blaze

or you could try and nickname off frank fancis:

Fran
Franco
Faz (I know a few by this nickname)

or you could try to change the name to make is more modern such as:

Franklin Fancis

or add a 3rd middle name:

Frank Francis Mason

I can't believe 4 generations have actually named their kid Frank Francis.

That'd be like being named Jim James, or Bill William, or Rick Richard, or Bob Robert, etc.

If it were me, I'd say "Sorry, DH, but this awful tradition dies with you."

Have to agree! Nobody should be bound to calling their child something they dislike because generations before have chosen that name. He needs to understand that you don't like the name and that that's not ok!

I'd agree to Francis (or Frank...same name!) as a middle name and that's all!

If you wish to respect the tradition go with Frank and use the middle name...not uncommon.

My best friends is Barbara Paige and she goes by Paige.

I find it no different of a William going by Bill or a James going by Jim.

On applications (school, insurance, work) there are even options to identify your "common" name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->