Name Help!

airbear

Proud Mom to Elsie Louise
Reaction score
Hey ladies!

I always post in the baby name forum but I think you girls give such good advice. So I was hoping you could help with some input for baby names! We're on team yellow so we're finding a name for each gender of course. The last name will be Bassett. If it is a boy the middle name will definitely be Jay.

Girls:

Elsie - we're pretty much 100% on this name but need middle name ideas. So far I've come up with Mae as a middle name. My mom suggested Rae. We like those also because they rhyme with Jay which we think is cute. I also considered Elaine as it is my moms middle name. I was hoping you ladies could suggest new middle names for us to consider.

Boys:

We have the middle name Jay but need help on a first name. I like more uncommon names as I don't want my son to be the 5th Michael in his class. My OH likes more common names (it is also ultimately up to him to pick our sons name as I picked our daughters name).

So far we have:

Benjamin (this has been in the running for a long time)
Judah (I like and OH liked but he isn't sure he wants to name is son that)
Clayton (a new name we just decided we both liked last night)
Elijah (we like but I would prefer not to use as my cousin just named her baby this)

Any idea's ladies?

I think Elsie Mae Bassett is a beautiful name.

Out of your list so far for boys name I think Clayton Jay Bassett sounds the best it has such a nice sound to it!

some other food for thought:-
Alexander Jay Bassett
Caleb Jay Bassett
Harvey Jay Bassett
Chester Jay Bassett
Nathaniel Jay Bassett
Seth Jay Bassett
Silus Jay Bassett

Hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy!

I love Elsie and Benjamin :) everytime I think of your baby, those are the names I think of. Probably because I know that you like Elsie and Travis likes Benjamin :shrug:

I think Elsie Mae is lovely. I'm going to suggest Elsie Marie and Elsie Rose as well.

I also like Benjamin and Clayton. I love Jamie as well.

I'm glad other's like Clayton too! I feel like Benjamin and Clayton are going to be our top two. I do like how Clayton Jay sounds when you point it out lilosmum!

Krystal - Sometimes I feel like I'm having two kids because we always talk about both names! I hope someday we have a boy and a girl because I think Benjamin and Elsie sound cute together. I do like Clayton though, so we'll see!

emz_x - I'm glad you suggested Rose. I forgot about that one. OH liked Rose for a middle name as well! What are your thoughts, ladies, on Lily as a middle name? I'm not sure it flows well but I think Lily is so cute.

I like the name 'Lily' but I don't think it flows properly with 'Elsie'. Elsie Lily doesn't sound quite right in my opinion- it's the 'ie' at the end of Elsie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->