Names: classic? Unique? Antique? Trendy?

Laurana

Working on #4
Reaction score
I don't even know boy or girl yet, but I'm having a heck of a time picking names - this is baby #4 for me and I feel like I've used up all my favorites. I don't want a top 10 popular name, but I don't want the kid to be teased. I've looked through old family names and I like some, but they are not even close to common... Maybe ok for middle names? I'm not sure where to even start. :shrug:

Anyone have names they love?

I don't even know boy or girl yet, but I'm having a heck of a time picking names - this is baby #4 for me and I feel like I've used up all my favorites. I don't want a top 10 popular name, but I don't want the kid to be teased. I've looked through old family names and I like some, but they are not even close to common... Maybe ok for middle names? I'm not sure where to even start. :shrug:

Anyone have names they love?

If we have a little girl, we are leaning towards Giada Marie... Not sure for a boy yet though....

Due to pre genetic testing for the IVF I know 100% I'm having a boy. I have a zillion girls names I love but can't think of a single boys name that I can fall in love with!! It's going to be a long hard slog to find something we're happy with!

Good luck!

x

We are going with ruby joy, thank goodness it's a girl, I would be so lost if I needed to figure out another boys name.

Ruby is dh's grannie and my middle name is joy, but I've always really liked it.

I also love Maeve for a girl, but I guess it's becoming more popular.

I would say our names are fairly classic, but I'm still hoping unique enough that there won't be any other kids in the class with the same name.

We had discussed names when I was first pregnant with our daughter. So, we've always had atleast two names we were going with.for sure. =3 We were going to with Pandora Jade for a little girl for awhile but Pandora changed to Alice Jade. Our son is going to be Dante Jericho. Dante means "Everlasting" in Latin. Jericho means "Moon City" in Greek. =P

I actually like going by the meanings of the names rather than anything. As odd as that may seem.

Our daughter is named Virgil. At the time it meant "Of Unknown Meaning", we.didn't know why we lost her.

Savannah is my favorite girl name at the moment and Turner for a boy. Im constantly changing my mind though

Our little girl is Skylee Ann. it's not common that I know of, and it's a little hippy and nature living. Her middle name is part of my mother's middle name.

If we have a boy his name is Jet Duane. I've always loved the name Jet and my 1st son, Eli was going to be Jet but I let everyone talk me out of it. NOT THIS TIME!! Duane is my OH's middle name and his dad's name (he passed away many years ago).

If we have a girl.. I'm having such a hard time. Ophelia is my middle name and was my great-grandmother's name as well. Never met her, don't know if she was a good person or not. I don't really care. However, I love the name to pieces. Another problem is I haven't spoke to my mom since I was a teenager. I despise her to say the least. Long story, but she gave me the name and I don't want give her any satisfaction knowing I named my child the same. Does that make sense? Petty, I know. But that's my thoughts on that name. I also LOVE Juliet and thought Juliet Ophelia would be pretty. I'm a lover of Shakespeare, and if you don't know... Ophelia and Juliet both committed suicide in his plays. Do I even want to go there? I don't believe in hexes or curses but I'm still on the fence. lol

Our little girl is Skylee Ann. it's not common that I know of, and it's a little hippy and nature living. Her middle name is part of my mother's middle name.

Skylee is adorable! I've actually never heard this name before!! :thumbup: Which shocks me, bc i'm a baby name fanatic!!!

Do ppl seem to like it? Have you gotten positive feedback from ppl on it?

Laurana - What are the names of your other 3 children? Maybe we can help suggest some that will go well! :flower:

At this moment in time ( it may change) but I'm in love with
Delaney Audra -middle name not so sure

So interesting to see everyone's chosen names! I still have few ideas... Thankfully it's still early. Debating Lyra (pronounced with the same sound as in lyric- not Lie-ra) for a girls name. No idea for boys at all. <sigh>

My children's names are:

Aiden Thomas
Madalynn Ann
Seraphina Nicole

All their middle names are family names and I plan on sticking to that trend with future children. But as for what names I like, it's all different kinds :haha:

For girls I like: Iris, Isabella, Nayeli, Charlotte, Persephone
For boys I like: Jackson, Zachary, Phoenix, Matthew

Lyra and Seraphina are both on my list!!

Some others I absolutely adore: Callia, Zuri, Azalea, Harper, Lydia

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->