Names for Grandma/Nanny

Rachiebaby24

Reaction score
My mum hates the word Granny/ Grandma and Nanny and wants make up her own name for LO to call her...

Anyone else call their Nan's something different??

I am stuck on this 1 2! my mum says it makes her feel old!! and said the baby can call her Auntie Debbie!!
We r still thinking, But my dad will be called Tamps as thats what i have always called my dads dad.

Good luck and have to let us know if you get any ideas x

My baby will be calling my mother Nana and my dad will probably be Granda

my kids call my mum "mom-ma" and my granda gets called pop

I posted a thread like this a few weeks ago!!

Since then my mum has said she doesnt want to be called nan or grandma and wants something completly different, god knows what though!!

x

My parents were so much easier, the fact that i was the last to start having kids helped also, as they already had established names.
My mum is nana and my dad is grangran (due to the eldest nephew calling him grangran instead of grandad).
I wouldent know what else they could call them.

oh god i got to tell you this story

when my sister had her first (my parents first grandchild) my mum decided she would like to be called granny so we went around saying give granny kiss etc so she would be familiar with it. when she was about 10months old she started saying BARDIE just to my mum! we have no idea where she got this 'name' from but since then my mum has been known as Bardie by niece and now my nephew and has really taken to it.

I call mine Nanna and that's what the kids call theirs. Hubby's nieces call his Mum "Mems"....dunno why though:dohh:

My mum didn't want to be called "Nanny" when I was pregnant with my daughter but as much as we tried to get her to call her Granny she always pronounced it Nanny so it stuck!
So this one will call my mum "Nanny" my Dad "Grandad"
Oh's mum will be "Gran" as that's what her other grandaughter calls her and if his Dad was still alive he would be "Pop"

Think my mum will be Gran and my dad Grandpa and my OH Grandma and Grandpa cos thats what i did :shrug: I wanted to find different names but they just sound weird really :(

My sister calls my nan 'more-nanny' as she had two nannies when she was small and so she could distinguish that she had two Grandma's. . .:baby:

What about dad-dad instead of Grandad or something??

We plan to call ours nana/pops :hugs:

We tried to get my MIL to find another name (my mom has a lot of grandchildren and has been grandma for as long as I can remember). The name she came up with (they are Chinese) is Ah-Ma (not spelled that way but that's how it sounds) Needless to say I'm putting my foot down on that one.....way to close to mama

I call mine Granny and Grampa. Welsh versions are Nain (f), Taid (m), Nainy, Taidy

Oh gosh im not going to even attempt to try something different, it'll either be granny or nanny

My mum is Grandy....her choice as she didnt like all the traditional names....said it made her feel old! My dad, who is no longer with us, is known as Pops

My parents want to be called Nan and Pops and my inlaws want to be called something a little different..lol..father in law wants to be called "ace" or "noknee". He wants ace because hes always dreamed of having his name be ace lol and his niece couldnt say Norman when she was little so she said noknee (like No knee loL) and my mother in law wants to be called either: gma, mimi, grammalee or memaw lol! Yes I know..odd! haha

Oh i don't know but my grandmother hates nana so she's getting called geegee!

My husbands family are Polish, so his mum will be Babcia (it's prounounced Babcha!! I think!!) I think thats quite nice!!

my mum refuses to be called nana, actually she refuses to be called mum, my birthday cards are always off mummy and dad! the suggestions she came up with were gross-mutti (german) and my sister came up with G-ma! i think she's either gona be grandmother or granny. her choice even tho it makes her sound well old and theres no way a kids gona be able to say grandmother! dad's gona be grandad

MIL's gona be nana and FIL nanou (sp?) thats what their other grandkids already call them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->