Names for Grandma/Nanny

My mum wants to be called 'Nanna' - My OH's mum wants to be called 'Grandma'

My dad will be called 'Grandad' - My OH hasn't got a dad, so she'll just have my dad as a grandad.

:D

I have to like think of five names as I have my mum and dad they probably will be Nanny and Grandad, then DH dad who will be grandpa then i have a step mum and dad and I want them to be different as my mum isn't keen on my step mum being called the same as her, so unfair for my step dad to be the same as my dad lol geees nightmare

I have to like think of five names as I have my mum and dad they probably will be Nanny and Grandad, then DH dad who will be grandpa then i have a step mum and dad and I want them to be different as my mum isn't keen on my step mum being called the same as her, so unfair for my step dad to be the same as my dad lol geees nightmare

A couple of other people have suggested "pop" or grandpa as opposed to grandad....at least it's not the same eh?:hugs:

My mum and dad are Nana and Papa and my in-laws are Nanny and Grandpa. My dad didn't want to be grandad or anything and was adament he'd be known as Papa hence why he's known as that! My friends mum insists on being Mammar which I thought would be too confusing for my friends little boy as it sounds like mama but he's fine with it and even pronounces it saying the "r" on the end! x

Grace's Great-Gran is in a wheelchair and Grace has always called her Pram-Gran. I presume because it looks like a pram. Me and OH were mortified at first thinking it would offend her, but she loves it. It's a personal name Grace has chosen for her apparently.

My mom is Mamaw to the boys, and Hubby's mom is punkin. When we first got together the boys were 11 months, and 2. And his mom always would call the boys punkins. So eventually they started calling her that, and it's stuck.

Between me & my OH, we only have my Dad & Step-mum.

My Dad will be Bampy (that's what we used to call his Dad) and my Step-Mum will be Nain (welsh word for nan/nanna).

My OHs mum has decided she wants to be called Bubbe! Its Yiddish for grandma... she is so strange

xx

I call my grandmother "kookum" (pronounced koo-kum; exactly as it's spelled). It's ojibwe for grandma

My mum didnt want to be called granny or nanny, but has decided it will be nanny or nan because that sounds less old than granny!! I used to call my grandad.. Johndad because his name was John and i got so confused why i was the only one calling him grandad and everybody else calling him John that oneday i started calling him Johndad and it stuck and all the other granchildren after me called him the same!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->