Names for twins?

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by camila88, Oct 11, 2013.

1. camila88

camila88 Guest

I know it's still waaaaaaaay too early to go through baby names, but i just love doing it so much haha i know it'll probably still change a 100 times, but i just like looking for cute names. And I like hearing what names other people like and chose :)
    we're having fraternal twins and of course don't know the genders yet.

What do you think of the name Zola? I was watching Grey's Anatomy today and Meredith & Derek's daughter's name is Zola and before I didn't like it so much, but today i was like wow...that's actually a pretty name!

And - would you give twins names starting with the same letter or with different letters?

Dh and i both like Zane for a boy and Zola for a girl...it was a coincidence that both letters started with a Z..would you think that's a weird combination?

2. bassdesire

bassdesire Well-Known Member

I only know a girl Zane. But I do like the two together.

I like Ella and Lola for G/G
    Zander and Zola B/G
    Zack and Zola

3. camila88

camila88 Guest

Ohh ive never heard zane for a girl, only for a boy, but i like it even better for a girl!
    Dh suggestes zane, but i wasnt thaaat fond of it... But i rly like it as a girl's name :)

4. ShelbyLC

ShelbyLC Twin girls & baby boy!

I prefer giving twins names that don't start with the same letter. But that's my personal preference and if you love two Z names, go for it. :thumbup:

Names on my girls list:
    Myla
    Rowyn / Rowen
    Neave (what this baby will be if it's a girl)
    Mirin
    Seren
    Jade

Names on my boys list:
    Fallon
    Russell
    Ezra
    Rowan
    Micah

5. wannabemomy37

wannabemomy37 ~ Waiting ~

Zola is nice and unique, as is Zane...However I'm just not a fan of twins with the same letter names, really. They're likely already going to be called the "Smith twins", so why not give them a different letter name? Again, just my opinion.

If I had twins I would say:

:pink: :pink:
    Mikaelyn & Neveah
    Lorelei & Eden

:pink: :blue:
    Mikaelyn & Xavier
    Thomas & Harper

:blue: :blue:
    Xavier & Elliot
    Logan & Jackson

6. JJKCB

JJKCB Guest

I like twins with the same letter or some form of sibset theme.... no idea why people are so against this, its no different to any siblings having the same letter name

it gets silly when you have stuff like Ashley and Ashlyn as its only one letter difference but whats wrong with say Jack and James or Luke and Logan?

would you consider little Jack and James as odd if they had been born a year apart?

7. tommyg

tommyg Mum to Smurf & TTC

I don't really like siblings or children having the same inital either. While not much of an issue as tots it will become a PITA when you have 2 18 year olds with the same name or Dad and son
    Letter for Mr Z Smith, or Phone call oh just checking I have the right Mr Smith, whats your DoB?

8. JJKCB

JJKCB Guest

thats why middle names exist... we have never had a problem in our family :wacko:

9. cherrylips100

cherrylips100 Well-Known Member

I kind of agree with avoiding the initial thing, it just makes me think of Jack and Jill, Bill and Ben etc lol although its totally up to you.

10. amytrisha

amytrisha Mother, fiancé, housewife

This! I find it cute when their names are kinda linked, twins or sibs.

OHs cousin has two daughters called Ruby and Scarlett. I love it! :haha:

11. emyandpotato

emyandpotato Well-Known Member

I love Zola. I don't really like same letter combinations though, especially as Z is so uncommon. Not a big fan of Zane.

I like the idea of pairing Zola with a quite traditional name, just because Zola sounds like it's gonna be classic soon, well to me anyway. It's also kind of dramatic, so it'd work well with any sort of Greek/Roman god/goddess names, if that's your thing.

For girls, Zola and Lana springs to mind!

12. Rhi_Rhi1

Rhi_Rhi1 Well-Known Member

I find matchy names about as bad as matching twin outfits lol... not my cup of tea :)
    I would just pick two names I like.

13. Elizabean

Elizabean Well-Known Member

How about Dane for a boy instead of Zane? I think its much more classic and would go with Zola.

14. RubyRainbows

RubyRainbows TTC Baby#2 Since Oct/2009

Lol - If I am ever blessed with twins I would TOTALLY match/coordinate their outfits every single day!! :haha:

I would just pick two names I love but would make sure they "go together" in some way. I think starting with the same letter is cute, if you love both names and as long as they aren't too similar.

Like Jayden & Jordan or something so close.

15. MBGibbs

MBGibbs Well-Known Member

I don't mind the names beginning with the same letter, in fact I like it.. I don't however like Zola (sorry hun!) first thing that springs to mind is Gorgonzola cheese.. Not good.
    Zara is very sweet though.
    Xxx

16. xMissxZoiex

xMissxZoiex Leo, Wyatt, Owen & Milo

I find out if I'm having twins next Thursday (IVF 2 embryos transferred) and if we are lucky enough to have both embryos still in there I won't be using the same letter names, but ats just a personal preference. I have twin brothers and they have different letter names so maybe that's why I prefer it.