Names - we are having a slight disagreement!

E

Ellianna

Me and James were talking about names today and we both love one name for a little girl (and I'm nearly 100% sure it's a girl, have to wait and see though) which is Cayla, but James wants it Kayla.
We really really can't agree on it, he is just not backing down! And he says that because of the accident he should get to choose! lol :dohh:
How do I persuade him??

Also we have thought of a name for a boy, Nathaniel Callum. But the Callum part is after my eldest brother, Cal. James said that we can't do that because my other brothers will get jealous, but I have 5 brothers and 2 sisters, I can't name the baby after all of them! And I really like the name!

Any thoughts?
xx

if u really think your siblings will get jelous maybe best not to name after any of them, cayla is lovely , either way its still said kayla ?

if u really think your siblings will get jelous maybe best not to name after any of them, cayla is lovely , either way its still said kayla ?

Aw thank you :) I like it! Yeh it's still said exactly the same but I like the C! lol I think James is disagreeing just to annoy me tbh! Men...!
Mmm, I don't think they will be jealous but I can't be 100% sure. I love the name Callum though, I'll have to have a think.
xx

i like it with a K rather than a C lol xxx

I like Cayla,...maybe you can have family members take a vote, without telling them who picked what, and just go with it?

And if you name the boy Nathaniel Callum, you can just say it's just because you like the name. Your brothers name is just Cal, right? it's not short for something else?

Good Luck!

I wish I could be more help lol but I like either Kayla or Cayla. As for a boy, maybe if you think you're brothers will get jealous then steer clear of naming the baby after one of them? Caleb maybe?

I like Cayla,...maybe you can have family members take a vote, without telling them who picked what, and just go with it?

And if you name the boy Nathaniel Callum, you can just say it's just because you like the name. Your brothers name is just Cal, right? it's not short for something else?

Good Luck!

Thank you hun!
Yeh Cal is just Cal, not short for anything. Tbh, I don't think any of the others would actually be annoyed, I'd just rather avoid the possibility! lol its complicated this naming buisness isn't it? Much harder than I thought it would be!
xx

I wish I could be more help lol but I like either Kayla or Cayla. As for a boy, maybe if you think you're brothers will get jealous then steer clear of naming the baby after one of them? Caleb maybe?

Ohhh I actually really like Caleb, gona suggest that to the OH!
Thanks
:)
xx

I think as much as i respect my df opinions in name choice, if we had a slight disagreement, I should have the final say!!!!!

I mean come on, who is the one carrying the child for 9 months, putting up with the sickness, sleepless nights, uncomfortableness's etc and then has to go through the painful labour????? :rofl:

I like Kayla. At least yous are agreein on a name just now though and only disagreeing with the spelling!

I think as much as i respect my df opinions in name choice, if we had a slight disagreement, I should have the final say!!!!!

I mean come on, who is the one carrying the child for 9 months, putting up with the sickness, sleepless nights, uncomfortableness's etc and then has to go through the painful labour????? :rofl:

Haha Thank you! I agree!
xx

Stand your ground - he'll get bored and agree with you eventually. Thats how we got our boys name :D I was set on Seth but it took FOREVER and a lot of bribery to persuade him its a good name. I even had to get his mum, sister and brothers gf to take my side before he agreed. I prefer Rhys now though, lol.

As for your boys name, its only a middle name, so it wont get used very often. If you like it, keep it!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->