Names you cannot have due to surname.

xCorkettex

Mum to 1 x
Reaction score
Any of you not able to have a certain name or two due to your or your partners surname?I love the name Poppy but seeing as our surname is Corke......its def a no-go :haha:

:rofl: Thats funny. Nothing as hilarious as that, but our surname Lee has stopped us using quite a few names, especially those ending in the 'ly' or 'lie', or names with lots of 'L's in them, as they just sound too much of a tongue twister :wacko:. xx

Ours is Carter so rules out any first names ending in '-er' really.

i really like Madison for a girl, but both mine and OH's surname end on '-son' so tis a no go!

My surname is Capone... so i stay away from "Al" names like Alyssa, Alaina, Aliah, Alex...... bc there would just be too many annoying "Al Capone" jokes!!

:rofl: Thats funny. Nothing as hilarious as that, but our surname Lee has stopped us using quite a few names, especially those ending in the 'ly' or 'lie', or names with lots of 'L's in them, as they just sound too much of a tongue twister :wacko:. xx

So Molly and Ella are out of the question then?......best change your siggy lol

lol well me and OH love the name ryder for a boy......ok well that sounds fine but with his last name being daily its just sounds bad when you say it and think about it

ryder daily............. not so good
then i was thinking deegan but even that doesnt go... deegan daily. we have time though to think it all over. im not sure if im even preg yet lol we talk about it all the time though

So Molly and Ella are out of the question then?......best change your siggy lol

I know :wacko:, we've agreed that if we do have Ella then we will need to hyphenate it with another name, and as for Molly, we have deliberated quite a bit over it and we dont feel its as bad as some of the names we liked ending in 'lly', such as Lilly :wacko:. Those two names are my least fave out of those in my sig anyway :shrug:. xx

i liked harrison & maddison - but our surname is hamilton... so :( boo x

When my friends had a baby a few years ago, they were so sure they would call their little girl Holly. It was after 4 months that someone pointed out their last name was Berry...
She ended up being called Zoe :rofl:

Our surname is Smith. Nothing immediately comes to mind as completely unsuitable. :shrug:
How dull.

i love hannah for a girl but his surname is barbara (bar-bar-aah)

its like hannah barbera lol x

Any B names are out for us, I liked bertie, but OH's surname is Beardmore, and bertie beardmore sounds like a packet of sweets!! haah

ours is stephenson so obviously stephen is out!

I went to school with someone called Jo King. thats bad but her brother was called Wayne. yes, wayne king!!!!!

our surname is Price...
I love the name Elise...but Elise Price sounds like "a lease price" to me...
no summer price, bryce price, or fisher price for us lol
or any name that starts with P , cause initials would be PP.. lol

Henry or Henrietta? :lol: Our surname is Henry...

xx

I love the name Isla (eye-la) for a girl. But surname is White.
Isla White....

took me a few minutes to realise why OH was in stitches when i suggested it.

though we are having a boy so it doesn't matter anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->