Names you cannot have due to surname.

My fave name for a girl is Lily - have loved it forever but my partner;s surname is Winney... Lily Winney?? Will the poor thing get taken the mick of? I think so......

I went to school with someone called Jo King. thats bad but her brother was called Wayne. yes, wayne king!!!!!

That's hilarious! My ex was called Wayne and my sister and brothers used to refer to him as Mr Kerr :lol: Was quite fitting though really!

We thought OH's surname made our choice of girl's name sound like a holiday resort or something....Madison Fountain...not completely impossible or ridiculous, but we were thinking of using mine instead.

My surname is Daniels, so Jack wouldn't do as a first name...although it is looking likely it may be our middle name!

OH also said as a joke about Walter Fountain...actually took me a while to get it :dohh: :lol:

wanted Heaven but surname is evans also grace

heaven evans
grace evans sounds like grey sevens

my brother went to school with a lad called wesley beehan( i dont know if this is the actual spelling of the surname but this is how it was said)

not to bad until he shortened his name to wes

When my friends had a baby a few years ago, they were so sure they would call their little girl Holly. It was after 4 months that someone pointed out their last name was Berry...
She ended up being called Zoe :rofl:

We can't have Holly, cause my last name is Day. I mean, our LO is going to have my OH's surname but what if situations changed or something? :dohh:

Loving all the replies!!!!!some of them have had me giggling-getting funny looks from the hubby now! :)

names that end in s as last name is bunker and sounds like spunker
even tho my step son is Thomas...

Ha ha, have been laughing reading these! :rofl:

Here is a couple...I used to work in an opticians and we had a patient called 'Holly Bush'. When she came to collect her glasses I nearly died!

Also, my mum and dad's neighbour had a little boy a few years ago...they named him James (sounds normal enough...?). His surname is 'Riddle' - Jimmy Riddle!!! :headspin:

When I was pregnant with Ozzie my DH suggested we call him William. Our surname is Hunter so he'd have been Willy Hunter!:wacko:

Ha ha, have been laughing reading these! :rofl:

Here is a couple...I used to work in an opticians and we had a patient called 'Holly Bush'. When she came to collect her glasses I nearly died!

Also, my mum and dad's neighbour had a little boy a few years ago...they named him James (sounds normal enough...?). His surname is 'Riddle' - Jimmy Riddle!!! :headspin:

I work in one too and the names you see are unbelievable, they must have had cruel parents. I laughed my head of when i had to call 'Pat Mycock' to the desk!! Also a Phil Mycock too!:rofl: I also went to school with a boy called Will Power, not William, just Will!!!!!
My OH is Turner and i quite liked Tyler but it didn't really go, especially as his trade is a roofer!!! I quite like Toby and Thomas too. Typical isn't it!!!
x x x

love this thread
when the time comes i think we will find it difficult oh's surname is macdonald
i guess ronald is out then :haha:

Fancy a mc chicken sandwich now - lol

:haha: LOL..i needed a good laugh.. I never really thought about those things .. I guess we couldn't name our child Stephen .. OH's last name is Stephens .. Thats all I could come up with..
I once worked with a girl named Holly Wood..

Our LO's either taking my last name or having it hyphened.
I really liked the name Nicholas for a boy, but we can't be that mean. My surname is Rowe......Nick Rowe. :nope:

And I also liked the name Michael, but we can't do that either.
*sings* Michael Rowe your boat ashore... :dohh:

I quite like Lily or Lewis (my surname) but OHs surname is Lawrence so didn't really go!

I wasnt with Hubby when my first was born so i decided it would be fitting to give his surname to her as a hyphened name. She was Isabella-Rose Gilbert. Then Me and Oh gave things another go. So she became Isabella-Rose Rose when we married.

Luckily the nice people at the registry office let me drop the hyphen and she now has a nice new birth certificate which read Isabella Rose.

Silly me lmao!!!!!

I knew a Chris Peacock....as in 'crispy c**k'

his parents obviously didnt have their minds in the gutter like most people when they picked it!!

pmsl at most of these... cant say i have any but my OH wouldent let me have jack as a name (which i loved) cause when im shouting them for tea or something it would be jack russell... but my oh surname is stoneley i cant really think of any that wouldent fit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->