names you wanted but the oh said NO

I really liked Milo, but my other half told me it's a Labradors name!!!! Now I only see a soppy choccy lab when I say that name!!
We have only agreed on two girls names and one boys name so far......... there are a few he is coming round to though. I'll keep suggesting the same ones until he gets bored of hearing them and finally agrees!!!

I love the name Guilianni, but DH doesn't. He says it reminds him too much of Rudy Guilianni (who I take it he doesn't like). But thats ok, there are plenty of other names that we both like.

I loved and still do love Lexie but OH said no way! Old fart lol!

Aaron... we have a disagreement on pronunciation!

when i was pregnant with my daughter
if was a girl i had 2 names in mind 1 was Lakeisha and the other was Cierra (sierra)
but me and the OH are Both HUGEEEE ford lovers and own 3 cars atm 2 of them modified Fords and next Ford on our Hit list was a Ford Sierra Cosworth or a Sierra Saphire..
and when u suggested the name Cierra/Sierra ( because i LOVE the name nothing to do with the car) he went MENTAL and totally refused :(
but thankgod he did , because i went onto have a beautiful lil girl who got her wings too soon and we just took one look at her and said shes a LAKEISHA

ps.. not meaning to be funny.. i swear on anything.. i near fell off the chair laughing there to myself... the OH watching some milatary programme at the min and one of the navy men was on tv and they put up the credits to his name and i swear to god the name that apperared on Screen on was JACK RUSSELL
i just LOL'd cus i was in this thread...
i asked the OH what name was on the screen and he said JACK RUSSELL
unreal lol xx

Mine are Dylan, Alfie, Oscar and Amber.

I'm sure we will change our minds as I'm only 12 weeks but we have the names Ruby Sue and Harrison agreed.

I loved Mia but OH just refused, he wanted Shannon i refused lol so ended up with Hannah. Never talked boys names cause we knew we were havin a girl early on
x

My husband so far hated:

Esther - apparently it's old lady name
Iris - same
Violet - not sure why
Mariella - he wants Mara, which I don't like
Helena

pretty much all my top choices of the ones which are not off limits.

We can't seem to agree on any name at the mo.

I love the following names, but he doesn't:-

Harrison
Jackson
Cole

He likes Ollie, but I am not too keen.

We both like these 2, but they're not ringing that bell for me:-

Ethan
Harvey

I was convinced it was a girl (until the scan showed another tassle), but I had already told my hubby that he could choose the boys name as I was naming a girl Amelia.

I like Maia and he said it was a *ghetto* name. Really pee'd me off because I think it's really pretty and girly!! also no Madison also because of the Maddy Mcann connection. Going to see if he'd agree if we said we'd call her Sunny/Sonny for short instead...

Boys I won't even go into, I thought at one point we'd be over before we'd even had the baby.

Ugh, SO many.
I love Daisy, Megan, Mia and Olivia- he said no to all.
And he likes names I HATE like Idris? Is that even a real name? :dohh:

just boys names as we didn't talk seriously till after we knew what we are having:

he hated:

Isaac
Duncan
Finley
Evan
Owen
Ewan

Grrrrr.

I had picked Laila Anise for a girl, and boyfriend always said "yeh yeh i like it" because he was so convinced I was having a boy! as soon as we walked out of the scan when i'd been told I was having a girl he was like "hhhm, I don't like Laila" grrr, i was ina right stonker :( lol i'm liking Liyah now :)

hey all, iv always said if i had a girl il call her April but im due april 2010!!! is that mean?
i could be really mean and use the name April-may lol no dont think i could do that lol

congrats all XX

i really like Inoue for a girl (i don't expect anyone to know how to say it lol)
but bf says no, it's not common enough...aargh, i don't want a common name!

I really liked Milo, but my other half told me it's a Labradors name!!!! Now I only see a soppy choccy lab when I say that name!!
i just wanted to inform you that our kitteh is supersweet and supercute,
i spelled it differently (mayloh) bc i like weird spelling and bc otherwise ppl would just
pronounce it wrong, now they're forced to say it the english way.

also, Milo is a spanish artist, and man that was one boring day in the museum

I vetoed Jack for him as I feel its far too common and he only wanted it because Swansea City football fans are called 'jacks'.

He vetoed

Blake
Cooper
Harrison
Verne
Ben
Dylan
Dai
Edward (my Grandads name boo, gonna sneak that in as a middle name though!)

Until we found out it was a boy he vetoed Enid for a girl but we did agree almost straight away on some other girls names..we're still kinda stuck for a boy.

Evie
My defo fave by far

Not allowed :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back