names you wanted but the oh said NO

I was dead set on Leo for Leo, BUT I also loved Oliver but OH said no straight away :( I love that name its soo cute x

Alfie and Oscar. My own fault as I kept singing that what's it all about alfie song until he got sick of it. Lol. Glad I didn't choose it now as I have two friend who used both those names.

Oh and Leo too, again inow have a friend who called her baby that too.

If we had had a boy, I really wanted to call him Mitchell - because I quite like it, and also because it was my maiden name and I thought that would be kinda cool. OH is dead-set against names that can also be surnames though. (There goes Jackson :( )

I also really liked Poppy, and Charlie. These were vetoed, rather oddly I thought, because they were drug-related!! :rofl:

God only knows what ridiculous arguments he'll come up with this time round. I'm almost looking forward to it! This time I'm loving Lola or Loki. I'm sure Lola will be out because of Charlie & Lola, and he'll think Loki is just plain silly. He can't say he doesn't like names from Norse mythology because we already have Freya!!

If he had been a girl we would have had major issues we couldnt have agreed. I wanted Aliyah or Alexa or Erica or Arrianna, but he hated them all :( also I wanted Issac or Christian or Gabriel for a boy, but we settled on Noah. He wanted a more common name like James or Jack or Charlie, not that there is anything wrong wid those names, I just prefer more unusual names myself. xxx

i like the name fleur and other floral names like poppy but oh surname is woods so he thought they sounded a bit cliche :( although as lo is born near xmas people kept suggesting holly as a name could you imaging...holly woods lol

I can't think of many he didn't like at the time, but I know for my son my OH liked Sirius, and it just reminded me so much of Harry Potter I couldn't do it! There was also another one that reminded me of a cartoon - I have no idea where he gets the names he thinks of! :shrug:

Theres a few girls names i like...

Caidence
layla
mia

But nope OH not having none of it i really like layla-mae for a girl and tyler james for a boy..hes agreed to none the names he chose is girl only he chosen lexi-mae..got the name off emmerdale lol..im 50/50 with this name but we shall see.

He went through a list of a 1000 boys names other night he didnt like one so i guess we get thinking now especially for boys name as it could take us a while to agree on something..men hey lol

I liked Caleb for our son but my hubby hated it, we ended up with an Evan and I'm so glad coz he seriously suits it!

I love the name Elsie. OH naturally HATES it!
We decided on Eleanor Rose for a girl and Joshua Kyle for a boy :)

If it was a girl i wanted brooke but he didnt like it and for a boy i wanted thomas but he didnt like it so we went for connor which we both liked

I wanted Charlie for both boy and girl, but hubby said NO! :growlmad: I am really hoping if we have another child he will let me name him/her Charlie.

I really like Esme for a girl, but DH thinks everyone will just think 'Twilight'. Granted that's where I got the idea but I don't think people are going to be constantly making the connection or that it's even that big a deal if they do (I'd be more concerned they would if we went for Bella/Isabella or something like Carlisle which you really don't hear).

Yeah i wanted to call her Alexis..... but glad she's Alex now.

As for boys name I wanted Zander but no way was OH agreeing.

I liked Freddie and Felix for a boy but DH said no. We were always stuck on our girls name and will use it if we ever get out little girl

I like Ethan James but he says no, he likes Ethan Thomas

i wanted dylan, liam or kayden for a boy and for a girl i wanted ebony-rose...totaly love that name but as i picked my other two's names the oh has the final say :( :( lol
he wants sydney-rose for a girl and conner or cameron for a boy xx

^^ i love sydney rose... sounds so pretty! and cameron, i've loved that name since ferris beuller's day off lol...

other no's he had for girl's names i like are hannah (therefore ok for my handle here ;)), and autumn... i love the name autumn but he doesn't like that or summer.

I really really really really wanted Isla, everyone I mentioned it to loved it, but OH hated it and said no way, I'm still gutted to this day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->