names you wanted but the oh said NO

ive always said i wanted the name zane for my first born son and my oh hated it but as u can see i got my way lol

my boy is called zane :)

Yeah i wanted to call her Alexis..... but glad she's Alex now.

As for boys name I wanted Zander but no way was OH agreeing.

Why don't you get him agree to Alexander then just call him Zander for short?

when i was pregnant i really wanted kendra for a girl (yes i am sad it was after the one from girls of the playboy mansion lol) but oh hated it

i really love ruby or scarlett for a girl but oh is having none of it.

Oliver! DH liked it, but, it doesn't work with our last name... It sounds like a rude saying when you put it with our last name :(

I've always loved Maggie for a girl, not Margaret but just Maggie. DH has always been adamant he hates it.

He agreed to let us call a dog it but then said no to that when the time came and she got called Roxy instead. He sucks!

Yeah i wanted to call her Alexis..... but glad she's Alex now.

As for boys name I wanted Zander but no way was OH agreeing.

Why don't you get him agree to Alexander then just call him Zander for short?

I would have, but theres a guy he knew i liked before i met OH, and his name was Zander :rofl:

I wanted Ffion but OH wouldnt allow a welsh name.

We ended up with an Arabic name instead.

I love Eli for a boy, its a big no no :(........if this pebble is a boy it shall remain nameless i'm sure lol x

Ugh, SO many.
I love Daisy, Megan, Mia and Olivia- he said no to all.
And he likes names I HATE like Idris? Is that even a real name? :dohh:

Yes, Idris is a real name!! It's my OH's middle name and a very traditional Welsh name!! It means 'fiery lord'. Ever heard of the mountain Cader Idris (meaning: Idris' seat)?

I think it's a very strong boy's name and it's one that we will be using! Just a note that with the number of names that are being created now, questioning how 'real' a name is is kinda null and void really!! You're quite within your rights to dislike the name though!

I'm lucky, both me and OH love all the same names!! :happydance:

Beca :wave:

I LOVED Olive. OH hated it :( Also loved felicity but all my family say its a stripper name :S

We can't seem to agree on any name. I really wanted Caleb for a boy but the OH hates it.

I really liked Lois and Andrew for years before we were together, but turns out they are the names of DH's sister and brother in law!

Then I really liked Carys and Keiran - he hates them.

Problem is he doesn't come up with any of his own, just dislikes most of what I suggest!

james
oliver
shay
charlie
george
brooke
kenya
connor
bailey
riley
harvey
taya

just realised the names he said yes to would be shorter list

alfie
freddie
amelia-rose
emily

ive had an arguement with my man today about this, im more annoyed cos hes told his mum and i told him not to tell anybody!!!!

im not preg yet but we are ttc and im in the 2ww..... but i wanted a really unique name for a girl, we have our boys if we have another boy,

i love emily for a girl DH doesn't and he likes Megan and i don't. we have agreed on Emma although i have a first cousin by the name of emma is that weird?????

we have agreed on boys name Evan or Conor

ive had an arguement with my man today about this, im more annoyed cos hes told his mum and i told him not to tell anybody!!!!

im not preg yet but we are ttc and im in the 2ww..... but i wanted a really unique name for a girl, we have our boys if we have another boy,

the girls name that i had my heart set on was Phoebe Bluebell which i love and think its very pretty and unique and the bluebell bit means special meaning to me for a few reasons, and yesterday he said it wasnt bad, now hes told his mum and shes said something and now he has changed his mind omg im so mad!!!!!! GRRRRRRRR and hes saying he wasnt really that keen on it and she will get picked on, i dont think she would!!!!!!! grrrrrr

Why would she get picked on? Phoebe is quite a normal name and if her middle name is Bluebell she only has to tell it to her friends who wouldn't be nasty about it. I say go for a traditional first name like Phoebe and go wild on the middle name, if they love it they will tell everyone and not care what they think and if they hate it they can keep it private.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->