Names

Hi! I came across your post because I am trying to think of Vietnamese names I like as well. I'm not preggers just yet but I just got to thinking about it and went on a searching spree lol!

My Husband is Vietnamese and his name is Huy. We are wanting to do an english first name and vietnamese middle name. I personally like Dễ for a boy's name for a possible future son, Desmond Dễ to be exact . (Pronounced "Zay")

PS. I was reading the posts and actually, my in-laws came from Vietnam in '75 and they both actually speak really good English (with a thick accent of course, but they understand perfectly), his aunt on the other hand does not speak a word of English and she has been here just as long. She's always lived with my husband's parents and they had 7 english speaking boys, so I would imagine she would pick it up through osmosis but I guess not.

I think it has something to do with the size of the viet community in an area. If they don't have people to speak with in their native language, it's probably easier to want to learn English. I mean, it's not really a choice if they want to socialize.

Hi! I came across your post because I am trying to think of Vietnamese names I like as well. I'm not preggers just yet but I just got to thinking about it and went on a searching spree lol!

My Husband is Vietnamese and his name is Huy. We are wanting to do an english first name and vietnamese middle name. I personally like Dễ for a boy's name for a possible future son, Desmond Dễ to be exact . (Pronounced "Zay")

PS. I was reading the posts and actually, my in-laws came from Vietnam in '75 and they both actually speak really good English (with a thick accent of course, but they understand perfectly), his aunt on the other hand does not speak a word of English and she has been here just as long. She's always lived with my husband's parents and they had 7 english speaking boys, so I would imagine she would pick it up through osmosis but I guess not.

is there a new meaning for osmosis?

osmosis is the movement of water through a semi permeable membrane from high concentration to low

is there a new meaning for osmosis?

osmosis is the movement of water through a semi permeable membrane from high concentration to low

I'm referring to "learning by osmosis". Basically, when people who are immersed in a culture i.e. moves to a different country, they tend to learn the language and customs just by being in the environment for a long enough period of time. That's basically what learning by osmosis means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->