Names

Gemmaleanne23

Reaction score
we've spent so much time going back and forth over names for the twins, we have our gender scan next week and wanted to have names ready for then so that we can begin to refer to them by name (baby a and baby b seems like we're talking about test subjects and it's driving me insane lol)
Anyway we've not yet got any girls names and we couldn't agree on boys names what so ever. But we've kind of both settled on using their grandads names if they're boys (oh's father passed away 5 years ago). Iv warmed to the names now but I'm just a bit worried as they're old fashioned names compared to all the kaydens etc that are about these days.

We've decided on Nigel and Andrew, or Nigel Andrew (first and middle name) if there's one boy, Nigel being oh's dads name so quite sentimental. But how would a Nigel hold up in a primary school class room? I don't really think it's a name that would attract much negativity but haven't really come across a child called Nigel personally, so can't help but worry..

Do you think he'd likely to be teased or anything?
Of course this could all be in vain as may be having two girlies for all we know but just wondering what others think x

It's not my cup of tea but that said, Granddad was once in primary school :)

Nigel on a little boy will be adorable!

And remember, they're only little boys for a few years, but grown adults for most of their lives.

I think it depends on where you live. If you're somewhere where shortening names is common you have to be happy to hear 'Nige'. I absolutely adore the name Andrew :)

Good luck for your gender scan. Can't wait to hear what you're having!

I like those as names, good strong names when their older. I personally prefer older names as I tend to think they've stood to stand the test of time :).

old names are making a come back. There are a lot of Stanleys and Erics about. why not nigel! If you are worried though would it be fair to maybe do it the other way around and have Andrew Nigel? that'd what we did with ours. has grandads kind of tribute names as middle names

I am thinking of Andrew, I suddenly really love it, we already have an Alexander and William so I think that his name would slot in nicely.

I think both are lovely. I was in school with a Nigel. X

Not my cup of tea at all, but as it's sentimental I'd use it as a middle name definitely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->