Naming a Girl 'Rhys'

I think there is a nice compromise there. You love the name and name has meaning. Hubby is on board. Are you not willing to compromise the spelling and you both have a little of what you love in the name???

Definate boys name to me, but I am in Wales so it might be a bit different. The pronounciation is too hard sounding for a girl's name imho.

Reese is a good compromise. It just seems softer and more feminine.

I love boys names for girls within reason obviously not keen on calling a girl John but I like Rhys is there not a actress called Rhys but spelt reese I may have dreamt it though

To me Rhys is such a boys name but like I (and others) said before I think this is a welsh thing. I had totally forgotten about Reese Witherspoon and the name looks totally different to me, no where near as masculine. I think if someone was to read Rhys they'd think boy, but Reese they may not be so certain so not have made their minds up. I think the best compromise is Reese, is there a reason you'd want the welsh spelling?

So sorry but I agree with your partner , I'm so used to it as a boys name and have never seen it on a girl.

I really, really like it! I am having the same problem with my dh. I really like McKinley, but he says it is too masculine. But I think it sounds strong. I am still hoping he will come around. I think I may need to liquor him up and ask him...

I love Rhys. . it's our top choice for a boy. . .but I wanted to tell you that my daughter who is 17 has a very close girl friend named McKinley!

I hope your DH comes around to Rhys for a girl, the spelling is still a traditional spelling even if it's the masculine form.

I love the name but I would spell it Reece or Reese...I don't like Rhys as it's the masculine spelling IMO

Definate boys name to me, but I am in Wales so it might be a bit different. The pronounciation is too hard sounding for a girl's name imho.

Reese is a good compromise. It just seems softer and more feminine.

I agree with this, coming from Wales too! I just really can't see it as a girls name, it's absolutely a boys name here. You couldn't read it written down and think girl.

You could probably do it somewhere further away, like America (where Rhys is probably a rare name anyway) but I think it's too close in England...

Reese/Reece is an excellent compromise I think! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->