Naming day - running order

Dona

Reaction score
Archie's naming day is nearly upon us - 6th Feb two days before he will turn one. Everything is in place and we are really looking forward to it. Here is the running order:

The Celebrant opens with who he is and why we are here etc

Archie's story - by myself

Thanks to family and friends - Hubby and Me

Poem about a boy - Archie's Uncle Raymond

The meaning of the name Archie and why it was chosen - The Celebrant

Archie is given his name - The Celebrant

Promises - The Celebrant

Gordon and Dona
Archie's Granny and Grandad
Archie's three Mentors

Signing of the certificate by the Parents, Grandparents and Mentors - The Celebrant

Hand Prints - Archie, his best pal Tapha and cousin Emma - The Celebrant

Stories:

Archie's Grandad - Archie in his own words
Archie's Aunty Fiona - Archie in her own words
Kelly (Tapha's Mummy) - What Archie's personality was like in
hospital - should make people laugh.

Toast - The Celebrant

To Gordon and Dona
To Archie

Can't wait! So looking forward to it! Here is the invite. I'll post some pictures of the event. Can't believe Archie's going to be one in a few weeks time. :cloud9::cloud9:We are at his pal Tapha's 1st birthday party on Sat. Time flies! I also go back to work in 3 weeks time!

Attachments

• Archies Invites.jpg
    Archies Invites.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Archies Invites_back.jpg
    Archies Invites_back.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 10
It sounds brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrilliant hunny!!!! :hugs:

I can't wait for the photos!

It sounds like an excellent day. I've been thinking of doing something like this but I'm just not sure.

I love the idea of "mentors" too.

I can't wait for the photos!

It sounds like an excellent day. I've been thinking of doing something like this but I'm just not sure.

I love the idea of "mentors" too.

I say go for it! I can give you the name of the Celebrant that is doing Archies. Yeah they call them guides but I changed it to mentors. xxxx

Iv said it before and ill say it again. . .that picture of Archie on the invite is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!! I love it!!!

Good Luck, Brooke's Christening day was so much fun. I hope he is a good boy! have lots of fun xxxx

How wonderful...wow it will be a really emotional day...can't wait to see the photos! Do you hold the naming day at your own house or do you have to hire somewhere, am interested in doing something like this as I am not religious...x

How wonderful...wow it will be a really emotional day...can't wait to see the photos! Do you hold the naming day at your own house or do you have to hire somewhere, am interested in doing something like this as I am not religious...x

Hey there, we are holding it in our house. Far to expensive anywhere else. This way Archie can nap if needed and he will feel safe in familiar surroundings too. We can have a wee drink and just flop too LOL! Its going to be a very emotional day. I am going to write Archie's story tonight. I was speaking to my Dad who is telling Archie in his own words is going right back to when he saw Archie kicking his legs at a private scan I paid for. There is not going to be a dry eye in the house. I am getting a loan of a camcorder to film it too so we can put it away in his memory box.

Go for it. Our Celebrant has let us design the day. He just wants us to be happy and for it to be a special day for Archie.

xxx

I am getting a loan of a camcorder to film it too so we can put it away in his memory box.
If you need a tripod for that camera, give me a shout and you can borrow ours.

It sounds really lovely, I hope you all have a fab time.

I keep wondering about doing something similar too but not sure where we would put everyone!

ahh wow!
we're having Mikaylas christening on 31st January - just 1 day before her birthday!
We have been through so much the same and so it continues....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->