Naming the baby after someone

lauraairving

Reaction score
So we're calling the baby Oscar, definitely. We're thinking about putting Michael and Tobias as his middle names after both of his grandads. Oscar Tobias Michael. It doesn't sound great and it wouldn't be my ideal choice but I just think its nice for him to be named after someone. First, OH wanted just Tobias (his dad) but I felt why should my dads name not be in there?!

What do u ladies think? Are u naming your baby after anyone?
Middle names don't really get said much anyway :)

We named DS (middle name) after one of our very dear friends and it has meant the world to our friend. It also means he dotes on DS way more than I think he would otherwise! I definitely recommend it:)

Our lo will have his daddy's middle name, same as his granddad and great granddad. I'm not overly close to my fil but family traditions mean a lot to me. Our boy will be Lachlan Stein (Sounds like Steen) Locky for short :)

One of our little boy's middle names is John after my grandad. If we have another boy, he will have the middle name Ray after DH's grandad.

I really like names that have meaning and like a pp said, my grandad was absolutely thrilled (and surprised!) and is absolutely crazy about our son.

My little boy is called craig junior after his daddy.
If this ones a girl it will have my moms and nans name as her middle name as they've passed away x

My son's name is Holden Christopher, after my uncle on my dad's side, Christopher James III, that died in the Vietnam war. My name is Christina so I guess I'm named after him, too. He was kind of a hero in our family and was very well known and friends with some celebrities even (was decent acquaintances with Marilyn Monroe [there is even a picture with her sitting on his lap laughing] and had met JFK on several occasions) so he is like a legend in my family.

(Tri hopping) My son's name is Connor Adam Michael. Adam is after my brother who passed away at 7 years old and michael is his dad. My little girl is Gracie Elisha. Elisha is the first 3 letters of my mums and DH mum's name (Elizabeth and Sharon.) This baby's middle name will more than likely be named after someone too. I think it's lovely to have their middle name after someone aslong as they have their own first name! :)

Love your middle name choices.

If we have a boy he will have the middle name Evan. After my husband's best friend who passed away suddenly when they were 16. I never got to meet him, but I feel like I know him from stories and suggested it and my husband got teary. It's definitely so special to us!!!

My sons getting a silly middle name lol but it means alot to my MIL, my sons full name will be James Robb Saxton, Robb is my MILs maidan name but there wasn't a boy born on her side to carry on the surname so she gave it to her son (my oh) and it means alot to her for us to pass it down to our son.

My daughters middle name is my nanas and great grandmas name Elizabeth, Ciara Elizabeth Saxton :) I think its nice using middle names after or in memory of someone xx

We are using Christopher Michael Francis (michael is ohs name and francis was my dads name) for a girl we are using Kayleigh Patricia Ann (patricia after my aunt who passed sway)

We'll be naming our baby Zaydon Vanoy. We came up with Zaydon but Vanoy is my husband's middle name that was passed down from his great grandpa.

We are doing Elijah James, James is my dads middle name. DH didn't want to use his or his dads names at all.

Aw I loved hearing al of your stories :) all very special. I think it will give the grandpas more of a bond with our little one as hell be named after them. Thanks for sharing ladies it's made me definitely want to name him Oscar Tobias Michael :)

Our son's middle name is after my husband's late uncle.

This pregnancy I'm naming the baby after my late uncle. It's a girl and she'll have his initials as her name. L.A.

If LO was a boy his middle name would be John, after OH's dad and my mum's dad. A girl wouldn't be named after anyone.

If its a girl it will be named after my gran- Elsie , working on a boys name

My DH is joe his dad is joe his grandad and great grandad is joe I like the name joe so I don't mind my father was called Laurent or larry for short I love that name il definitely call my next if its a boy after my dad.

If I have a girl the middle name will be Irene after my grandma :)

If we have a girl her middle name will be my gran and great grandma's middle name, my gran died suddenly when I was about 12 weeks pregnant (and just 10 days after my grandad died suddenly). They didn't know I was pregnant so I think it's really special. If we have a boy his middle name will be the male version of my other gran's name as the baby is due around her birthday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->