Naming the baby after someone

we are if we have a girl, If we have a girl her middle name will be Ellen after my hubby's great nan, she sadly passed when I was carrying my son last year.

I've loved reading all your meanings. These babies will all be special :) x

DD has my middle name (which is my mom's and grandma's middle name as well) and our little boy with have OH's middle name (which is his dad's and grandfathers also) and I felt like we should honor my dad as well, his middle name is Lee, but I wanted to keep up with an 'A' theme. (My middle name is Ann, OH's is Allen) so we went with Alee (which I REALLY liked) for our little girl! :thumbup:

When I was pregnant I wanted James all along and oh was coming up with crazy names and didnt want James.
When he finally suggested Alexander about a week before I was due I straight away said yes as it was the most normal name he'd said!!!
So he ended up as Alexander James Allan.
Allan is my dads name, maternal grandads name and OH's late grandads name. Triple purpose. Means a lot more now too as my grandad passed away 7 weeks ago...

Not looking into names for this LO until we know the sex in 4 weeks time. At least then we will only argue over one set of names 😂

Team yellow here but both our names have meaning... The boy will be named after each of our grandfathers, Jacob (&) Xavier and our girl is Royen after MIL maiden name Van Roijen... Her middle name is a secret! Heheh :)

Sorry, random, but Oscar, Tobias, and Michael are all characters from Arrested Development, just made me think of that show. Anyway, I have some names in mind from grandparents but we haven't decided on anything yet. I am somewhat afraid of some being offended because I named her after one grandmother instead of another (which is only based on which names I like better).

Hahaha I'm a huge fan of Arrested and I didn't notice... I did think of Tobias but didnt make the rest of the connection lol!

Still a very nice name, don't let that sway you!

I love hearing stories behind everyone's Los names so lovely!

Isabelle's middles names are poppy and Margaret... Poppy because she was born on 11.11.11 rememberance day so we felt it was really fitting and margeret which was my late nans middle name

Xx

Sorry, random, but Oscar, Tobias, and Michael are all characters from Arrested Development, just made me think of that show. Anyway, I have some names in mind from grandparents but we haven't decided on anything yet. I am somewhat afraid of some being offended because I named her after one grandmother instead of another (which is only based on which names I like better).

I don't have a clue what that show is so its all good :)

I think it's a lovely way of naming your baby.
My daughter is Jessica, Norma (my late mothers name), Margaret (MIL). I don't think she will thank us for that when she's older tho!
This baby will be either Holly, Gwen (after my late Auntie) or Jake, Ronnie (after my dad), Michael (after OH grandad) so all my kids middle names have a family and heartfelt meaning to us. I am Nicola Elizabeth named after my mums nan...

We didn't name our DS after anyone, but with this LO if it's a girl I would like her name to be Amelia (nickname for Amelia is Millie, which was my great grandmother's name) Camille (my great grandmother's brothers's nickname was Cammie) so it's not an exact duplicate in either case but they will both be honoured :)

All our sons have at least one name that came from someone else in the family except my 4 yr old. We have Dimitri Robert who has my DH's middle name, Dietrich Vincent who has his great grandpa's first name as a middle name, and Liam Scott who has my dad's first name as his middle name. My 4 year old is Bryce Alexander and I just liked that name lol. This LO which is our first DD will be Lorelei Joy, Joy was my grandmother's middle name and DH's grandmother's first name.

So we're calling the baby Oscar, definitely. We're thinking about putting Michael and Tobias as his middle names after both of his grandads. Oscar Tobias Michael. It doesn't sound great and it wouldn't be my ideal choice but I just think its nice for him to be named after someone. First, OH wanted just Tobias (his dad) but I felt why should my dads name not be in there?!

What do u ladies think? Are u naming your baby after anyone?
Middle names don't really get said much anyway :)

We're doing something similar.
Crasher Joseph John.
John after my dad
Joseph after my husband's best friend
Crasher is a name my husband and his best friend picked out long ago. My favorite brother's first born child is called Asher and we both liked that they were similar.

(Tri hopping) My son's name is Connor Adam Michael. Adam is after my brother who passed away at 7 years old and michael is his dad. My little girl is Gracie Elisha. Elisha is the first 3 letters of my mums and DH mum's name (Elizabeth and Sharon.) This baby's middle name will more than likely be named after someone too. I think it's lovely to have their middle name after someone aslong as they have their own first name! :)

you are the only other person I know thats done this :thumbup:

my son has the first 2 letter from his 2 uncles names

Jack + Kev = Jake

Current bun in the ovens middle name is David after my husbands father who passed away a few years ago...

Cohen David.

I won't be getting pregnant anytime soon, but I do have some ideas. My number 1 choice for a boy has always been Arthur because I'm just in love with the name. However, this was also my great-grandfather's name. I never knew him as he died about 20 years before I was born, but I love hearing stories about him and it's a lovely way to honour him. Don't you think? A few other names I've picked (maybe as a middle name for Arthur or first name for a second boy) are Richard, after my grandfather, or Douglas after Doug Walker, my absolutely favourite comedian. Not only did he influence my sense of humour, he helped me improve my speech as I have a speech impediment. And he's just an overall fantastic, down to earth guy. My number 1 choice for a girl is Lara, after Lara Croft. It might sounds stupid but I've been through a lot with her, and she's one of the first gaming icons I knew as a child and felt inspired by.

My number 1 choice for a girl is Lara, after Lara Croft. It might sounds stupid but I've been through a lot with her, and she's one of the first gaming icons I knew as a child and felt inspired by.

Doesn't sound stupid to me! :)
I picked my first son's name (Aiden) because of Diablo 1&2.
It's spelled different because I like having an e instead of two a's, but that will always be where I got the name idea for him from!

His middle name is after my godfather who is gay. My uncle Michael loves kids, but doesn't have the money to go through with adoption or the cost of having a biological child through artificial means.

My number 1 choice for a girl is Lara, after Lara Croft. It might sounds stupid but I've been through a lot with her, and she's one of the first gaming icons I knew as a child and felt inspired by.

Doesn't sound stupid to me! :)
I picked my first son's name (Aiden) because of Diablo 1&2.
It's spelled different because I like having an e instead of two a's, but that will always be where I got the name idea for him from!

His middle name is after my godfather who is gay. My uncle Michael loves kids, but doesn't have the money to go through with adoption or the cost of having a biological child through artificial means.

yep, my son is also named after Jake Blues... the blues brothers was such a life changing film for me (I was in love with him :blush:)

I think its nice to name your child after something that means so much to your life even if it is a fictional character

We're naming our son (kind of) after Corvo from Dishonored :blush: I hadn't heard the name before playing that game but once I heard it I fell in love! Plus, Corvo was a badass just like Lara Croft :thumbup: Why would you not name your child after someone that awesome!

even though we havent picked a name if its a boy we know the middle name will be ryan after his daddy its a tradition on his side that the first son will take the fathers name for his middle name so would like 5o respect that. not so traditional if its a girl i like lexi and ivy (more set on lexi so is hubby and his mum) for the middle name it is after my grandfather that i was very close to who passed away last year, his name is raymond but my nan always called him ray so im just using the female spell, therefore it will be lexi rae or ivy rae :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->