nanes that flow nicely

catty

Reaction score
So this is our last baby and thought since its a girl it would be nice to have my mums name as the middle name, i think she would really love that.

Tbh i dont really like the name but its not horrendous or anything im just really struggling to find a name that flows well

Names i like
Skye
Alba
Sienna
Aubrey
Violet
Quinn

Just think nothing goes with Mairi :/:/

Do you pronounce is MAH ree?

If so I like Quinn or Violet with it.

Yeh its kind of just MARRY but i suppose with a scottish accent might sound like that

I think they all work with Mairi! I love Alba, Aubrey and Violet :)

From your list Violet.

Other ideas Margaret, Lily, Abby, (Abigail seems a mouthful with it) or swap it round Mairi Claire, Mairi Jane, Mairi Louise, I'm not sure why but Mairi sounds better first with those.

Am I right in thinking Mairi is a Gaelic from of Mary? Maybe it would sound better with a Gaelic / Scottish name, Caitlyn, Catriona, Rhona, Edith,

My favourite that I've just come across Flora Mairi

I totally agree it's a hard one.

The name Marie goes with everything wish that was her name haha. i wouldnt have it as a first name as i dont really like it, more for my mum.
I my other kids middle names are James and Jessica, they went with everything!

Yip the ee sound on the end of Marie does make it easier. But with Marie Claire the ee sound seems to get dropped, or maybe that's a Glasgow thing.

So this is our last baby and thought since its a girl it would be nice to have my mums name as the middle name, i think she would really love that.

Tbh i dont really like the name but its not horrendous or anything im just really struggling to find a name that flows well

Names i like
Skye
Alba
Sienna
Aubrey
Violet
Quinn

Just think nothing goes with Mairi :/:/

I'm not sure that some of these 'go' with Lucas and Evie which are much more traditional? That being said I like Violet and Quinn.

Violet Mairi
Quinn Mairi

Both sound really nice!

Other ideas:

Florence Mairi
Lyla/Lila Mairi
Olivia Mairi
Indigo Mairi
Orla Mairi
Georgia Mairi

My list has changed so much since this actually. I still like violet and quinn but dont really see myself using either. I really like Eden know but just not sure, naming girls is so much harder!!

My list has changed so much since this actually. I still like violet and quinn but dont really see myself using either. I really like Eden know but just not sure, naming girls is so much harder!!

I would have loved to name a girl lol! I always had so many girl names :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->