Nap time and crying

KarenLV

Reaction score
Does your baby cry everytime he is tired and wants to sleep?
How long does it take for you to settle him/her for a nap and how do you do it?

Really want to know because I am wondering if Skyler is perhaps a 'high need' baby....

When do they stop the tired crying anyways? Why dont they just go to sleep when they are tired?

i don't know, but i would like to...i have te same questions! (i hope we don't have 'those' types of babies...):hugs:

Caitlyn cries when she is distracted from sleeping for too long and gets over tired. She will settle after 5 mins or so.

when tommy is tired normally get niggly and startes to cry, we have found that just like his big sister he loves his blanker tounching and covering his cheek onn the one side of his face..(he kind of snuggles up and under it) he then wriggles a bit but normally goes off on his own *as long as he has his dummy* other times when hes very over tired and get to sleep on his own i have to cradle him in my arms, with theblanket on his face and he drops off after a few minutes, when he wont go and cries continuously he is just isnt ready yet but thinks he is lol

h x

Vickie has done a similar thread....lots of good advice in there :hugs:

Thanks Sonny,

well,after reading that thread I think I have a 'high need baby'.No,I dont think...I know I have one.It's so exhausting putting him down for a sleep.The whole bouncing,rocking,singing routine is just exhausting. He has 4 naps during the day (in his crib) and at night he goes to bed with me because he refuses to sleep in his crib then.Also when he wakes up and does not see me he will start crying too.This attachment parenting method is really superexhausting! Am seriously considering not having another child in the future.My husband and I wanted 2 but I cannot handle this again if the next one is also like this. Dont get me wrong,I love Skyler with all my heart but I sometimes wish he would just give me a break!

Could you put a photograph of yourself in his crib so when he wakes up he can see you?
You could attach it to a mobile or something he can't reach? and perhaps putting in something you have been wearing so he can smell you and see you (sorta lol) :D

Thanks Sonny,

well,after reading that thread I think I have a 'high need baby'.No,I dont think...I know I have one.It's so exhausting putting him down for a sleep.The whole bouncing,rocking,singing routine is just exhausting. He has 4 naps during the day (in his crib) and at night he goes to bed with me because he refuses to sleep in his crib then.Also when he wakes up and does not see me he will start crying too.This attachment parenting method is really superexhausting! Am seriously considering not having another child in the future.My husband and I wanted 2 but I cannot handle this again if the next one is also like this. Dont get me wrong,I love Skyler with all my heart but I sometimes wish he would just give me a break!

Arn't you BF also?
God you must be knackered all the time :hugs:
Its only been recently i can think about my housework on a good scale and evn then its just the basics as i spent all my time just concentrating on Tabs' naps. I swear by what i did with the chart thing,that has helped me no end in knowing when she needs a nap as sometimes i was trying to get her to nap when she wasnt ready also.

That baby whisperer book says there are 5 different types of baby and im guessing Tabs is the spirited / high need one. My mum had 5 of us and only 1 out of 5 was like this so there is hope for well behaved ones in the future so dont let it put you off ;-)
Tabs did put me off slightly but since she can now nap better on her own/better method it has really freed me up and i just have to convince OH of having another lol

Would your OH be willing to test something?

Im just thinking the weekend where we cracked Tabs going to sleep on her own was the weekend when i said to Andy could he sort Tabs' out/routine etc that day with a bit of guidance from me so i could be hands free a bit more. He would just put her in her swinging chair,tucked in with blanket and dummy when i saw the tired signs and sure enough she went to sleep!....it shocked us both and im just wondering now.....was it me who made her depend so much in a way and surely its better to crack the attatchment now when they are still lighter ish (tabs is a chunk)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sending you lots of back massages! lol

karen, I am so there with you, Bren is the same way. He always cries when he is tired. I nurse him to sleep, then bounce/rock him for a few minutes, and lay him down. Before I got the Amby baby hammock, I would spend quite a while sometimes trying to lay him down, but with the hammock, I can lay him down and bounce it for a bit and he is off to sleep. Yep, Bren is a high needs baby and I am BFing and APing, so it is tiring, especially when my DH is good enough for Bren most of the time, he just wants me to cuddle and get him to sleep. It makes both my DH and I frustrated. Oh well. I also feel the same way about having a 2nd child. Right now the thought makes me want to have my freaking tubes tied. I can't even think of doing all this again with another baby, it is just soooo much work.

Ted cries every time he needs a nap. The key is to try and get him to sleep as soon as he's tired as opposed to letting it develop into a full tantrum. As soon as he grizzles I èick him up, give him his snuggle blanket, pop in his tummy and bounce him off to sleep while singing or talking to him. He used to cry for ages now it's justa minute or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->