Nappies starting to leak?

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
IVe been using the same brand cloth nappies for a while now and theyve always lasted around 3 hours.
Recently ive been getting some not even lasting 2. Do i need more boosters in the nappies? and where do i buy more?

What kind of nappies are you using? Do they need stripping or have you done that? You should be able to buy the boosters from the same place as the nappies, I think. :)

Stripping is washing the nappies on a hot wash with a full dose of biological detergent then doing rinses until the water runs clean and there are no bubbles left. Stops them smelling funny and gets rid of any detergent build up which could be making them leak. :)

ahhhhh.
Theyre always done on a hot wash everytime i wash them.....but not rinsed out several times, just the usual machine rinse.

Do you usually use half the amount of detergent? Cos they get a build up really easily. :)

Does it have to be bio detergent? We only use non in this house...

Have stuck all the nappies in anyways, some needed washing so doing my normal hot wash then ill do all the rinses.

I don't think it has to be bio, I use non bio for all the clothes and bedding, but usually have some bio in just in case anything gets extra mucky!

I think you just need to do a full detergent wash then really really good rinsing.

Let us know if it helps, I hope it does! :)

You don't have to use bio for a strip wash no. I've had to strip my nappies once, I just did a super wash (which uses more water and now always use this setting for the nappies) with normal detergent and did 3 extra rinses.

I hope it works for you.

to strip its better to do the first wash on cold with the full amount of powder then a hot wash and maybe another rinse if it needs it but mine usually dont, hot water can set the smells and it'll be harder to get them out, i know thats not your problem but just for future reference :lol:

if theyre leaking it could just be that as hes getting older hes weeing more? i know leyla wees a lot more now cos shes eating / drinking loads more so could just be that and youd need to use more boosters or a more absorbant booster like bamboo or hemp

if its fleece it can get wrecked easily if you use nappy creams and they would need to be hand scrubbed with fairy :shock: something i really hope i never have to do cos then it needs about 37million rinses to get all the fairy out lmao

x

Thankfully weve never needed to use nappy creams :lol: OH does use talc though :/

I was thinking heavier wetting from getting older aswell so have bought more inserts anyways.

i dont think talc does anything, i think its more the greasiness of the nappy cream that blocks it up, like u cant rinse sudocrem off ur hand but u could with talc iykwim?

hope u get on better with the new inserts, what did u get?

x

you'll have to use more than that id think if hes a heavy wetter, but if you use them on top of your old ones they should be fine :D

let us know how u get on with them

x

Are they the fleecy cotton ones? I have those and they are sooooo very very soft, I love them. They are not very absorbant though, I just use them to keep her bum dry. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->