Napping at other houses...

bump.on.brain

Reaction score
I go back to work very soon, and so am starting to think about childcare. To begin with DD is going to be looked after by 3 family members at their houses.

It's totally not practical to buy a cot for each of the houses, and DD is a TERRIBLE napper anyway so probably wouldn't go to sleep there. After my Mum made a comment the other day that she would let DD go to sleep on her bed and prop her with pillows to keep her safe (!!! =O REALLY bad idea seeing as DD rolls onto her side in her sleep!!) I want to tell people a specific place to put DD to sleep so I don't worry that they're accidentally going to do something daft.

I was thinking about in the stroller seat, seeing as that will be going with her everyday anyway... But have just read that it's not recommended because of the risk of suffocation/strangulation from all the straps etc.

Is this being over the top or do you agree that it's not a safe place to let DD sleep?

Or do you have any suggestions for a really easy to put up and take down travel cot (i.e would be moving it, putting it up and taking it down everyday)? I bought one a while ago, but its heavy to carry, fiddly to build, huge once it's up and also a nightmare to get back in it's bag! :dohh:

Any suggestions would be really appreciated :flower:

Any experiences of something like this???

https://direct.asda.com/Koo-di-Sun-...ravel-Cot/002672091,default,pd.html?cgid=6045

I can't help you with a suggestion of a travel cot - mine is the same as yours sounds! I agree it's not particularly safe to have a 6 month old sleeping on a bed though, and I was going to suggest you use a travel cot. I hope you get some good suggestions :thumbup:

Edited to say that one in the link looks really good x

I would honestly just use the travel cot even though it's a pain in the behind. Better to be safe than not. That's what I plan on lugging around when I go back to college in August.

I think I may have to invest in a new travel cot... a bit annoying that I'll have two but definitely better safe and it will save me from becoming neurotic!! A bit nicer for LO too than the stroller, which is never going to help her terrible napping...

I wouldn't mind the big heavy travel cot as much, but I'm already going to be dropping DD off stupidly early as I need to be in work for 7.30, and really don't want to get her up even earlier so that I can set that up!!

I think I have a little tykes on its good and lo will sleep in it - could the family members come to you ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->