nappy bin smelling nice-ish?

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Ive asked this before, but this was before the stinky real food poops :lol:
The nappy bin can get really smelly now, what can i sue to try and make it smelling nicer?

I haven't been doing this long but have only dealt with poos from solidss and I've found a few drops of tea tree oil works well :D

I put a damp muslin cloth over the top of my bin with a few spots of lavender or tea tree oil on. I also use the northern essence citrus circles taped to the lid :thumbup:

i usually use Tea tree oil in the bottom but i'm gonna get some Bin Daisy's you can put your oiils onto :) look so sweet...you can get them from jabula nappies:)

I used to use tea tree oil, then switched to lavender, which I much prefer, it's less antiseptic smelling. I put a few drops in the bottom, a few on a panty liner, which I stick to the inside of the lid, and when I wash the bucket after emptying it (every 3 days) I put in a kettleful of boiling water and some more lavender to rinse. I never notice a smell unless the lid is off.

I have two pails - one for wet nappies and one for dirty ones. Means I have to open the dirty one less and the wet one doesn't seem to smell even with no oils etc in it.

I use lemon oil with either lavender or tea tree oil as it naturally helps eliminates odours

i drape a washable wipe with tee tree oil on round the edge of the pail then hold it in place with the mesh bag and put the lid on, saves messing with panty liners.

will try lavender oil though sounds nicer

I use lavendar too :D

Thanks for the panty liner tip MJ - i'd never thought of that :D

same here.... the pantyliner is a great idea :thumbup:

I think I stole the pantyliner tip from here too! It really works rather well with either lavender or tea tree. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->