Nappy Cakes !

x-Rainbow-x

Mum to Phoebe, Alex n Ben
Reaction score
Has anyone made one of these before ?

Im going to make one for my sister who is due 6 days after me :happydance:

she is staying Team :yellow: so could do with ideas for a neutral one .

:flower:

Never made one, and only ever seen a few so i'll be keeping my eye on this thread for ideas XX

i was looking on you tube last night and seen one that dosent use elastic bands ! it looked quite good will see if i can find it again x

i used sellotape to hold the one
i made together :blush: :lol:

yes!! i made one the other week!!! it has a blanket, large tub of sudocrem, 2X johnsons bottles, 3X muslins, 3X vests, 100X nappies and a wee rabbit toy! sooo much fun making it!! fyi- the best thing to use for a base is one of those silver disks you put cakes on!

Attachments

• 40272_416080291996_511946996_5245945_703892_n.jpg
    40272_416080291996_511946996_5245945_703892_n.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 18
Awww that's fab!

I'm making a list of all the things I need !

we made one for my best friends shower

I found that tape didn't work well with the diapers so we used rubber bands, and than tied ribbon around to hide them

hmmm for decorations......wash cloths, teethers/rattles, toys, stuffed animal?

my sis has decided she is finding out what she is having !! so i can plan pink or blue !

i make nappy cakes hun i use about 50-100nappies, get lotion and powder nail clippers etc from poundland and use tissue paper, its all held together with ribbon according to colour scheme they take about 1.5hours to make and are brilliant, some boots are selling thier new born nappies off for 75p for 25 :D i snapped up as many as i could and store them for when people want one :D

i made a huge three tier one for my friend the other week there and it was a huge hit at her baby shower :D

picture of my nappy cake
https://www.facebook.com/lynnemummy....php?pid=30916754&id=1047472234&ref=fbx_album

i used to make them but dont like making them anymore! theres two types of ways to do the nappies roll or swirl plus stock up when baby events and sales are on for toiletries! buy cheap blankets from primark / matalan they are nice and still only £3 each. primark have a REALLY cute yellow one at the mo its fluffy with a sheepy on one corner its about 3.50 also lil baby socks and booties and a teddy like a disney teddy etc

ive sort of made a list of all the things i need BUT how do i attach the nappies to the board and then the nappies layers to each other?? so it dosent fall aart when transporting???

i dont attach the nappies to the board hun once all the layers all how you want it to be wrap it in celephane and it stays together perfectly, then tie it with a big ribbon at the top :D xx

i just wrapped it in cellowrap it works a treat, don't need to stick it to board with this on it as it keeps it all together x

https://i52.tinypic.com/34972gi.jpg

I just made this. Never really stuffed with much.

Inside it has 65 size 3 nappies, 3 bibs, 6 pairs of socks, 2 sets of mittens, johnsons lotion, scissors, nail clippers, bottle, brish & comb.

I roll them and hold each individual with elastic band than wrap a larger one around the whole teir. Wrapping in cellophane and being careful kept mine together.

very cute little hard to see though with light bouncying off cellowrap but was like this with mine. bet person loved it :D

Thanks girls, I have a picture of it on Darren's phone without the cellophane but it hasn't got the 'rose socks' and comb and brush and that on it, at that point. Will try upload later. Little disappointed at the fact the nailclippers dragged the ribbon down so its wonky but I'l live and learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->