Nappy free time!!

mummy_mi

~*Mum to Chloe*~
Reaction score
Okay so not really nappy related but still I wondered how everyone else does it (without a nappy obviously!).

I have a Pop In mat that I put Chloe on and its brill, lovely and soft, soaks up pee and is waterproof underneath only problem is shes a wriggler and the matt isnt that big, and when she does manage to stay on it long enough to wee it has to go in the wash and get it dry for the next day!

So I tried just using a towel but it soaks all the way through quickly and as we do nappy free time once a day and she always wee's I'm adding a towel to wash every day which isnt that good.

Tried those disposable change mats, rubbish, wee stayed on them but she wiggles and scrunches it up and ends up off it.

Tried putting an issy bear insert under her bum but still she manages to escape!

She loves nappy free time but I need a better solution! So how do you do yours?

xx

A cork?

lol I dont know, I usually put Dewi on a towel but it is a pain isnt it?

yep, towel on changing mat and just let him go.,

actually, how long does everyone have nappy free time for each day?

He has at least 5 mins each morning on his change mat while I faff with his clothes and bits and I try to do a bit more every few days and he has a good half hour maybe.

I keep meaning to make a HUGE mat for Leyla's nappy off time, cos she wriggles so much now that I don't dare leave her with her nappy off for more than a few mins at a time. I was hoping to use just one layer of terry towelling, maybe add a fleece layer on top and back it with PUL. I'd probably make a few so I can just shove them in the wash with the nappies (there's usually room) and rotate them.

I use one of those ball pits from the early learning centre as a kind of play pen, so I'll probably make them big enough to fill that so she can't get off it!

:rofl: Well obv Tabs is older but she's pretty much all of the time naked...as Claire and Laura know :blush: But now if she pees she gets a towel and mops it up :cloud9: and then puts it in either the washing machine or the laundery basket its too cute!!

Awww that sounds sooo cute!! Good girl Tabs!!

I cant take my eye off Chloe for a second, one minute she's laying under her rainforest gym thing the next she's managed to hook a leg around it and has spun herself 90 degrees and is peeing over the side!!

I love the Pop In mat, just wish they made it twice or three times the size and cheaper so I could get a few!

Think i will get one of those next time i used to just use a towel :(

I've been airing Emma's bum on her changing mat covered with a muslin cloth, and a nappy underneath her bum, but she is starting to wriggle away from the nappy a lot! May have to resort to a towel soon!

We have the pop in mat, too, and he's already getting too big for it! We often have nappy free time after baths so he is just snuggled up in his Cocoose. He adores no nappy time now though and kicks around like crazy - too cute! :cloud9:

I just use a towel, normally a "used" one thats been hung to dry overnight so it can just go in the wash as normal so its not extra washing.

Problem with towels in that the pee soaks through and I dont want the rainforest thingy to get damp!

We got this one https://www.babipur.co.uk/shop/m15/Pop-in_Nappy/p3059/Close_Parent_Free_&_Dri_Change_Mat/product_info.html

and it is brill just cant warrant paying another £15 for one! We dont really use the section that covers up her bits, I usually unpopper that and take it off as I think she's not really getting 100% free time and it restricts her crazy legs akimbo leg movements!

At this rate Rachel you could start up your own custom made nappy free time mats!! Oh imagine that, could be like a new weenotions addiction!! x

Just be thankful you dont have a boy...fountain pee is way unpredictable.....

:rofl: TOO true! I find fountain pee hillarious...we change on the floor which is wipe clean anyway, but the boy has quite a range!

:rofl:

yes, the laptop gets moved well away during nappy off time!

I've sort of given up on dedicated nappy free time now she's crawling to be honest, nowhere's safe. Having said that, she does have her nappy off for 5-10 minutes while I'm getting her bath ready in the evenings and it's usually fine. Although a couple of days ago I went back in the room to find poo scattered across the carpet :dohh:

These made me chuckle!
https://www.bebabean.com/product/pptp/index.aspx
Not sure they'd b any use, but i just love the name! pee pee teepee! :haha:

Oh it's the close parent mat you use... i'm thinking of getting one but they do look very small!! Those teepees had me laughing my head off!

Dexter is naked most of the time in the house. I have a big blanket which covers most of my floor, though he does end up peeing on my carpet sometimes :dohh:
If we've been out all day I'll generally strip him when we get home so he has a bit of nekkid time, even if it's just while I get his bath ready.

Haha, is it weird that I'm a bit sad I missed out on the fountain peeing? Dexter pees downward :cry: :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->