Nappy glossary

hahtuvahullu

Reaction score
Is there different name for fitteds that include absorbant material and fitteds that doesn´t incluede?

Didnt want to read and run, ive not heard of them having different names, I know they say what they are topped with etc (im new to fitted so you've got me curious)

All fitteds should have the absorbent part included either sewn in, snapped in or inserted in like a pocket.

There are diff diapers that go on like fitteds but aren't all fitteds, ones that are waterproof on the outside are either AIO or pockets, not fitteds....if that's what you mean?

fitted or sized nappies with absorbent material?
they're all absorbent?

do you mean the waterproof layer in?
fitted or sized nappies with a waterproof layer are typically called pocket or all in one nappies.

however there are some pocket nappies that do not have the waterproof barrier so its always worth checking with the manufacturer - they don't make it easy for us do they! :haha:

Thank you all for reply!

I think that i´m more confused :D

I´m looking for name for pocket that doesn´t have any absorbant material, but it needs cover.
It´s like inner pocket :lol:

in which case your looking for a normal fitted nappy. there isn't another name for them really other than brand/make names, but they are made entirely of absorbent material.

there wouldn't be any point of a nappy that doesn't absorb. :wacko:

just noticed you in finland i have a nappy from there called a neppula. it's a pocket nappy that comes without an insert (the absorbent bit) but it doesn't need a wrap! :wacko:

All pockets comes without insert in Finland. Maybe thats why it´s so confuseing.

Neppula´s owner is friend of mine :D We do a lot of co-operation together.

Ofcource this "inner pocket" is made of absorbant material, but there´s no extra insert sewed in it. You but insert there and take it out before washing.

So it´s just a fitted nappy and i have to tell that no insert included. Is that right?
Or should I sell all pockets (with or without waterproof) with insert when i sell out of Finland?

it depends on how you plan on marketing them - but do make it clear wether insert is included or not, or wether it requires a wrap.

i would probably call the non waterproof one a fitted nappy and the waterproof one a fitted pocket nappy.

So a pocket fitted? Cos that's quite a common type of nappy, they are not waterproof but are absorbent and have a little pocket, they come either with or without an insert, usually with. I have quite a few.

If a nappy needs a seperate waterproof wrap it tends to say in the item description, if it comes without an insert it also tends to say in the description if thats any help?

Yeah a pocket fitted sounds like what you're talking about.

Thank you.

I think that I´m gona call them fitted nappys and tell if it need insert and cover. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->