nappy rash cream and real nappies

kelly342000

Reaction score
does nappy rash cream like sudocrem clog up the fleece in nappies like BG that have a fleecy inner and affect absorbency? if so are nappies like the pop-in that is more terry like also affected by nappy rash cream?
thanks

All nappies MAY be affected by creams. If Imi has any cream on (like now as since she got chicken pox she's also had a small rash) I just pop a fleece liner in :)

yea they could be, best to use a liner if you are going to use cream. You shouldn't need to use it at every change as you might have done with sposies as cloths more breathable.

if your lo is suffering a rash you can buy silver liners instead of using cream. they're supposed to work wonders for rashes. thankfully *touches lo's bum* he hasn't suffered any severe rashes.

I've been told its only petroleum based creams that are the problem, so we've bought some Burts bees stuff which is all natural.
Apparently though you probably won't be have much rash problems with real nappys and if you do the best cure is a little breastmilk and nappy free time for a while each day and it will clear up quite quickly.

aye Aimee only gets rashes if shes teething, and they never last very long x

most nappy rash creams break nappies

theres one which is called grandma somethings? which is fine for cloth nappies apparently, but quite difficult to put on

if she doesnt have a rash at the min and youre trying to prevent it i would recommend cornstarch, seriously, sprinkle a little bit on her before you put her nappy on and it'll help keep her dry, works like talc, except doesnt cause cancer :dohh:

x

When Leyla had nappy rash after being in sposies for the weekend, I would put the nappy cream on towards the end of nappy off time and leave it to be absorbed before putting a nappy with a fleece liner in it on her. If you put the nappy straight on and the nappy (cloth or disposable) absorbs some of it, not as much of it is going where you want it - in LO's skin. Also, and this is entirely unscientific, I always use a microfibre nappy when we're using bum cream. For some reason I have it in my head that any cream that does get in it will wash out easier than natural fibres, I probably think that because they use microfibre for cleaning cloths. Not sure if it's true though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->