Nappy rash :(

LilLil

Reaction score
My little lady has had nappy rash for around a week now. It's spotty and red and just on her bits. I think it may be teething related as she's showing other signs and she's never had nappy rash before :cry:

So, I'm using cotton wool and water when I change her nappy and cream but it's not getting better. :shrug: I've tried sudocrem, drapolene, zinc & castor and bepanthen, can anyone suggest anything else for me to try???

It doesn't seem to be bothering her, but it's bothering me, I don't want it to get sore!

bless, this is what i do with mine- change her as soon as she poops ( as this is what causes nappy rash a lot of the time), and then a layer of vaseline all over and sudocrem on top of the sore bits! its a tip i got recently and wish i did it before.

and if you can, some nappy free time.

Try timotine (sp) dr can prescribe it and it's brilliant wen nappy rash gets bad..

I use metaneum (sp?) it's a yellow tube with purple writing, i find this works fast, also lots of nappy free time (easy today if you have a garden) x

I use metaneum (sp?) it's a yellow tube with purple writing, i find this works fast, also lots of nappy free time (easy today if you have a garden) x

I second metanium!!
I tried LO with sudocream, bepanthen, vasiline etc and made no difference.
Metanium cleared it up within 2 days but i could see a difference with just one use.

Xx

I use cotton wool and water or baby wipes but then you need to patdry the skin with a cloth to wipe the excess moist, it works for mine as i can see that the wipes will just leave baby bits wet even with sudocream after.

I use cotton wool and water or baby wipes but then you need to patdry the skin with a cloth to wipe the excess moist, it works for mine as i can see that the wipes will just leave baby bits wet even with sudocream after.

Yeah I must say I did this for the longest time then kinda slipped out the habit n she's getting the rash back but as is your situation i think it's teething now whereas before with my LO it was milk allergy. Hope you find what works soon :) xxx

My little lady has had nappy rash for around a week now. It's spotty and red and just on her bits. I think it may be teething related as she's showing other signs and she's never had nappy rash before :cry:

So, I'm using cotton wool and water when I change her nappy and cream but it's not getting better. :shrug: I've tried sudocrem, drapolene, zinc & castor and bepanthen, can anyone suggest anything else for me to try???

It doesn't seem to be bothering her, but it's bothering me, I don't want it to get sore!

If a nappy rash lasts any longer than 3 days they should go to the Dr. It might be a yeast infected nappy rash. My DD got them frequently due to her food intolerances .. it will need a prescription cream to get rid. 'Spots' are a classic sign of a yeast rash. The skin may also break down and bleed slightly.

Don't use wipes, they will sting like buggery, you're doing good with cotton wool and warm water, try putting a little salt in. You can give her warm baking soda baths to help sooth the skin and keep the nappy off as much as possible. At one point with my DD it was off for 3 days! At night just put lots of towels in her cot and just let her wear a t-shirt or something and when she pees, remove a towel. Air is the best thing as moisture against the skin will make it worse.

No talc, that will feed a yeast rash and before you apply any cream, make sure her butt is bone dry (this is with *any* kind of nappy rash). Once you've washed it, let it air dry for 10 mins before applying as the creams will trap *any* moisture against the skin and defeat the purpose of it.

Most of all, get it checked by the Dr. Its so hard when they have a persistent rash :( Hope she feels better soon...

I second what everyone else has said!

I would also suggest, as it's a spotty rash, to keep checking elsewhere on LO for spots. My LO had what seemed like a spotty nappy rash, but then it started to come up on his feet and arms. It turned out to be hand foot and mouth.

thankyou ladies, :flower: she had some nappy off time this afternoon and I did the vaseline and sudocrem thing and it did look a bit better at bathtime but I'll see how it looks tomorrow and take it from there. Fingers crossed

Yeah I must say I did this for the longest time then kinda slipped out the habit n she's getting the rash back but as is your situation i think it's teething now whereas before with my LO it was milk allergy. Hope you find what works soon :) xxx[/QUOTE]

Just noticed our LO's were born on the same day :flower:

I second metanium!!
I tried LO with sudocream, bepanthen, vasiline etc and made no difference.
Metanium cleared it up within 2 days but i could see a difference with just one use.

Xx

Another vote for metanium. Doc provided LO some hydrocortisone cream but metanium worked so much better!

It could be thrush. My LO suffers with thrush regularly. Thrush doesn't improve unless you use thrush cream. For ages I was using Sudocrem etc, and it wouldn't shift, and eventually it got worse. It looked like her bum had been attacked by a cheese grater, and she was in so much pain. Took her to the doctor and they gave her clotramizole cream, which is the same thing as Canesten cream. Just applied it three times a day, like you would apply sudocrem, and it cleared up really quickly. Results were immediate, and it was totally gone in 3 days. I now keep Canesten in her changing bag, as well as Sudocrem, in case she develops it

To all the ladies who reccomended metanium, thanks! I got some and it's nearly gone now :thumbup:

Try metanium! I used it with a small spot of nappy rash LO had the other day and it disappeared overnight :shock: Amazing stuff :thumbup:

My LO developed nappy rash for the first time at 4.5 months, it looked so sore.

I switched to cloth nappies, but I also used my own solution for reuseable wipes. So if your using cotton wool, then maybe try this solution with the cotton wool.

250ml boiling water
Camomile tea bag
Baby wash

Just pour the water onto the tea bag and leave for about 1-2mins, and then add the baby wash, just a small amount, I use a spray bottle, but you could keep it in a small waterproof tub and dip the cotton wool in it.

Sudocream actually dries the skin out, and was what I was using and it never went. After using the solution (and cloth nappies) her nappy rash went within a week.

:flower:

My lo had nappy rash that was reaaly bad aswell tried creams etc bt honestly as soon as i gave her 15-30 minf of nappy off time everyday.. It cleared within days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->