Natal Hypnotherapy

MidnightSun

Reaction score
I just wanted to reassure anyone who was thinking of going with this method of hypnotherapy during the birthing process how great I am finding it.

The pregnancy relaxation cd is wonderful, I literally feel as though all my cares and worries have drifted away and my body light and weightless. It's fantastic after a long or stressful day.

The birth prep cd I have only been doing for the past two weeks, but just listening to Maggie's calm and reassuring voice and her suggestions as to what to do and how to handle my birthing really does fill me with confidence, not dread and I always finish the cd feeling relaxed and looking forward to the event and meeting little Rose.... I really don't think I would feel this calm about going into labour had I not bought this cd pack.

The book of course is an optional extra, but if you want to know how hypnosis works generally and also in the birthing process (hormones etc) is really is a must have.

:thumbup:

I need to pull my finger out and get listening to my VBAC CD's!

Snap, I need to start listening more too. I do feel great and relaxed when I'm finished but I'm finding I have to quite consciously apply it to a birth situation, make the association properly in my head you know... I think I'm enjoying it too much as 40 minutes break during the day rather than proper 'birth preparation' :)

MidnightSun I saw your hospital bag in the thread in third tri and it's identical to my birth box for home, right down to the hypno CD, lavender and clary sage oils and even the Kendal Mint Cake!! I bought a giant one in the lakes last month (I mean giant) and if it got those fellas up Everest then it will get me through labour too!

I have the vbac ones, they are great. Guaranteed 9 times out of 10 I will fall asleep right at the end lol. XX

Oh Rachie that is funny!! I just thought what do I love to eat that will keep me going that isn't a Domino's pizza? lol ... Kendal Mint Cake! Love the stuff, and have found it quite hard not to go and eat it all :haha:

I don't find that I apply it to a birthing situation ... do you have the book? I have found that a real help with understanding how it all works. I know that when a contraction starts I'll immediately say '1,2,3... relax' and then concentrate on making my body go as deep into relaxation as I can, breathing in the warm light etc... and that when the contractions start to get stronger or are at their very peak I will use my 'special place' and also the pain dial too.

The whole thing is making me really look forward to having my baby :happydance:

Oh Rachie that is funny!! I just thought what do I love to eat that will keep me going that isn't a Domino's pizza? lol ... Kendal Mint Cake! Love the stuff, and have found it quite hard not to go and eat it all :haha:

I just had to google this Kendal Mint Cake and now I want one :haha:

Kendal Mint Cake = awesome.

Almost pure sugar compressed into q ckae with tons of peppermint.

Mmmmm Mountian climbers and artic explorers eat it

I got onto ebay soon after I posted that last night and found it! I'm definately going to buy some, just wondering which one to buy... whats the difference between the red and blue packet? :wacko:

You can get brown mint cake and also white, or white chocolate covered.

I prefer the white one, and bought the Quiggins one in the white packet :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->