Nativity Play

Anabella is the Inn Keeper's wife and her line is 'Well I suppose we can squeeze you in, but it might be a bit smelly' :haha: Her nativity is on Tuesday and I can't wait!

My LO's nativity is next week, I can't wait! :dance:.
DS is the donkey, DD1 is an elephant :haha:.
They have a carol concert at school which is a new thing this year, I'm excited for that too. DS is in the choir and they will be performing at the Christmas fair in a couple of weeks. It's always packed and I'll be running a stand so I might not get to actually see him but he's approximately 10x louder than everyone else so I'll hear him at least :haha:

Our nursery don't do a play they do craft days etc instead, eldest year 3 don't do a nativity nor has he once since starting the school. My reception child does one this year he's going to be playing the role of a star they've said. They'll bring in a care home for the first performance and then its parents on the second day. Excited mum and dad here yay x

No idea what DD is doing at school. We've been told they have christmas worship and I've heard from mums with older kids that reception do a nativity during that but Grace won't tell me anything about it and school are terrible for communication.

At church her sunday school are doing a nativity and she's a shepherd. It's based on we're going on a bear hunt and it's really good. Grace is sad though because her cousin is an angel and she therefore doesn't want to be a shepherd.

Holly is doing three school plays. One for grandparents next Tuesday morning. One for parents next Tuesday afternoon and another one for parents next Wednesday. Busy girl! I ordered the tickets today :)

DS1 is playing lead angel 2. Being a church school they put on a great nativity involving the whole school (school only has 60 kids across 7 year groups). Him and his friend who is lead angel 1 are the only kids from the Yr1/reception class to have a speaking part. Can’t wait to see it, last year it was in a barn and mary rode a real donkey!

DS2 is Joseph in his nursery nativity. None of the children have to speak! only sing songs and walk and sit in the right places as an adult narrates the whole thing. Luckily DS1 was Joseph for them 2 years ago so I still had the costume I made in the cupboard.

Wow, and I thought our school was small with 140 across the 7 years. My own primary school had as many classes per year as they have in the entire school :haha: We just have KS1 do the nativity though so no Christmas show at primary for me this year.

Holly is doing three school plays. One for grandparents next Tuesday morning. One for parents next Tuesday afternoon and another one for parents next Wednesday. Busy girl! I ordered the tickets today :)

That's how our school do it. Usually though its Monday is for the rest of the school, Tuesday is for Grandparents and Wednesday is for parents.

Our nativity plays are on the last week of school. It will be Alex's 3rd one. In nursery they did the jolly postman, everyone was dressed up and he was a snowman. Last year in reception he was Joseph and obviously had lines to learn. This year he's in year 1 and there are 3 classes and mixed with year 2. He told me it's only year 2 that are dressing up and actually part of the play, year 1 are just sitting at the side and singing, I don't find that very fair, they should all have a chance if they want to be a part of it.
Scarlett is only in playgroup, but they dress the children up for the nativity and sing some songs. Alex was a Shepard when he was in playgroup, looking forward to seeing Scarlett in it this year.

Thomas’ play is called Baubles and he’s a narrator. He has one line to say, we’re so happy :cloud9:

My son is going to be a dancing cracker apparently! There'll be 120 children in it so not sure how it will work

I'm going to Holly's today. Super excited! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->