Natural baby shampoo.....

Rachiebaby24

Reaction score
...any suggestions? Remi's hair is thick and curly and Johnsons is so full of perfume its sickly!! dont like it but dont know what else to use. Would prefer something natural/organic as only use olive oil on her skin.

How about Burts Bees, or Halos and Horns, they are the 2 I wash with

Online as far as I know, I have never seen either in regular shops

tesco sell halo and horns!!

The Halos N Horns shampoo isn't amazing tbh. It's basically just baby wash I think (they say you can use it as body wash too). I prefer a bar of shampoo I got from Lush. I asked if they do a specific baby one as we use their children's robot bath bombs and they're great, but they don't. The lady there said that their mildest shampoo is this one - https://www.lush.co.uk/index.php?pa...tegory_id=487&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=80 - and it's really nice on Leyla's hair. Hers isn't curly but it's supposed to be great for very dry hair or afro curls according to the website. It smells lovely too and it seems like it'll last till she's about 15!

Lush products still contain SLS, which can be very harsh on delicate skin. I can't use products that contain it, and I refuse point blank to use anything with it on my baby either. I used to be a total Lush addict, but had to stop using them when I found that so much of their stuff (body washes and shampoos etc) was making my skin flake.

Halo's 'n' Horns is good, as it doesn't contain SLS or any parabens etc. It's not too expensive either. The baby wash smells nice, but they also do shampoos and kiddy washes. The berry scented one is a specific detangler, I don't know if that'd be any use for Remi's hair?

I found the Baby Organics range by The Green People to be very good (you can get it from various places online, and also some holistic therapy type shops). It comes in concentrated form, so it lasts AGES.

At the moment I am using the Kiddie Kind Goat's Milk baby wash by Nature's Recipe (www.naturesrecipe.co.uk) It's so gentle and creamy, and only has a very delicate scent. This is my favourite out of the natural products I've tried so far. I've started using their products for me as well ;)

Agree with Eala, steer clear of SLS (sodium laurel sulphates).

I use Weleda - you can get it from larger branches of Boots, health food shops, Waitrose & on-line.

Waitrose & Boots (larger branches) sell Burts Bees too.

Weleda all the way!!!

A little bit more expensive but you use less.

We use Dr Bronner's.......its soap, but liquid and has 18 uses! - 100% organic and made entirely from oils, its so gentle and works really well. I use the unscented on Isla's body and hair, but we use peppermint in the mornings - fab wake up stuff, and rose in the evenings as its gorgeous!

Dr Bronner's is great stuff! :thumbup:

If you don't mind paying the shipping, I use California Baby products (https://www.californiababy.com/) with Ronan and love them.

Their bubbles are fantastic too and bubble up and last longer than non-natural bubbling agents, for me, anyway! :mrgreen:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->