natural birth after c section?

pigletpoo

Reaction score
Does anyone know if its possible, or how hard it can be, to have a natural birth after a c section?
I had one through choice with my last pregnancy. But I was thinking of trying to go natural this time, seen as i have a little boy and want to be out of hosp asap.
Any ideas?
Piglet x

You can chose to have a vbac as long as you doc thinks its safe for you to, when you go to mw speak to her about it xx

its called VBAC - vaginal birth after c section, it is possible but not sure if it has any extra complications! this is my first pregnancy, thats just what i have picked up on!

It depends on where you live too. I live in Wyoming USA and no doctor in my state will do it due to malpractice insurance restrictions.

A complication that can occur is damage or retearing of the scar tissue from the c-section. Talk with your doctor and see if they are willing to do it and what the pros/cons are.

I had an emergency c section with DS after a long & intense labour. I would prefer VBAC, but I would have to leave home at 36 weeks (latest date to fly) to be cared for in another hospital. I hear that VBAC can be a very rewarding & successful experience.

Hi Pigletpoo

I managed it and was so proud of myself! My first was born by emergency c section after a 21hr labour. I chose to go for a VBAC second time and it worked. They monitired me more closely, they put a sucker on the babys head while he was inside to continually monitor his heartbeat and I had a midwife stay the whole time but it is possible. I think it depends on how your pregnancy goes and if there are any added risks like lots of weight gain etc.

Most drs I saw said they'd be prepared to let you try but at the first sign of toruble you'd be down to theatre for a section. I am going to go for a planned c section this time. I ahve had both and would prefer a section I think! :hug:

I only have one little boy, but I am going to ask about a VBAC when we are ready for our next. I had an emergency csection after 22.5 hours of labor because my son was too big to fit into my birth canal. I'm hoping my next will be smaller and I will be able to deliver them, so crossing my fingers!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->