Natural Birth Plan at home or a Birthing Center

DHime

Mom of a special baby
Reaction score
I wanted to see who else is having issues with everyone around you trying to pressure and say you are crazy for going natural.
Everyone (even the ob I am no longer seing after today) is trying to pressure me into using drugs. What is so bad about natural that every woman who didn't do it wants me to change my mind. Or better says I will change my mind no matter what.

My plan to go natural started out as a personal choice based on safety. Because I have allowed these bullies to upset me, I am starting to want natural out of spite for the whole system just prove I can do it. They are turning me into a womens power person to say "See! I told you I could do it! Now you all suck!"

One part of this is that a natural birth is so rare in the US. Really, a home birth is less than 1%... most American OBGYNs don't even know what a natural birth is, they haven't seen it. They don't know what real birth is.

My suggestion is to find a midwife and get a supportive health care provider. I've been down the OBGYN/hospital route and believe me, natural birth is hard enough without others pushing you to use interventions. When you are in labour, and people are offering to give you a little needle to take all pain away, you will probably make a decision that you regret.

My mum thought I was crazy n thought birth should be in hospital with lots of drugs, even tho she's had 4 babies and 3 without pain relief but that was due to docs not moving fast enough lol

I no its hard but just ignore what they say n tell them to mind their own or to just letnu go into birth open minded and ule see what u want if anything then

Well things got sticky today. Found that my LO has only 1 artery in the umbilical & Placenta prevara.... yay

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->