Natural birth question

Discussion in 'Home & Natural Birthing' started by bmuir11207, Oct 13, 2013.

1. bmuir11207

bmuir11207 Mother of 2 girls

I have had 4 c-sections I want to try for a vaginal next. If was to get pregnant right now it would be only 4 months after my last c section would it be safe to try for a vaginal? We are not trying but there is always a chance of pregnancy and was wondering about my options

2. babyface15

babyface15 Well-Known Member

I have no idea! this is a question you should ask with your doctors. I would think though that it would be very soon to get pregnant again at four months post partum after repeat c sections if you would like to try for a vaginal. I would worry about the risk of uterine rupture. I'm sure your doctor can recommend a safe spacing between pregnancies of you would like to try for a vbac.

3. Larkspur

Larkspur Well-Known Member

Definitely a question for your doctor, not an internet forum!

That said, I'm no expert, but it sounds way too early to me, especially after so many C-sections. I had a mild third-degree tear with my first and was recommended to wait at least six months before conceiving again to give it the best chance to heal fully. I would imagine multiple C-sections would be at least the same time minimum.

I understand that although vaginal birth after multiple C-sections is possible, it's pretty rare. It would depend a lot on your age, weight, general health, healing, etc.

4. korndogger123

korndogger123 Well-Known Member

Don't quote me because I may be terribly wrong but I have read that you should wait 18 to 23 months before even considering becoming pregnant again (I know many don't after a csection, but pron go on to have another csection)... so my guess would be it would be too soon for them to feel like you were a safe enough candidate for a vbac as you really haven't "really really" healed.

https://www.babycenter.com/404_how-...ore-conceiving-again-after-a-c-sec_1334487.bc

5. MandaAnda

MandaAnda Well-Known Member

Try ICAN and vbacfacts.com for good information.