Natural Birth Quotes

kiwimama

Soon to be family of 4!
Reaction score
Does anyone have any great natural birth quotes they would like to share? I am thinking of blowing some up and sticking them around the house.
1 - so that I can read them over the coming weeks and feel that will help prepare my mind.
2 - that they will be in the background as I labour and birth and may help me get through any "ruts" during my labour and will keep me going.
So share! :flower:

"Many Western doctors hold the belief that we can improve everything, even natural childbirth in a healthy woman. This philosophy is the philosophy of people who think it deplorable that they were not consulted at the creation of Eve, because they would have done a better job." Kloosterman 1994

Anything I’ve ever done that ultimately was worthwhile…initially scared me to death.
Betty Bender

We have a secret in our culture, and it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong.
Laura Stavoe Harm

Just as a woman's heart knows how and when to pump, her lungs to inhale, and her hand to pull back from fire, so she knows when and how to give birth.
Virginia Di Orio

^those are just some of my favorites :flower:

These are a few I found that I like:

"There is power that comes to women when they give birth. They don't ask for it, it simply invades them."

"Attending births is like growing roses. You have to marvel at the ones that just open up and bloom at the first kiss of the sun but you wouldn't dream of pulling open the petals of the tightly closed buds and forcing them to blossom to your time line."

I like these:

'The mind of the beginner is empty, free of the habits of the expert, ready to accept, to doubt, and open to all the possibilities'- Richard Baker

'There are three things that are givens about labour: It's hard work, it hurts a lot, and you can do it.'- Suzanne Stalls

'Anything I’ve ever done that ultimately was worthwhile…initially scared me to death.'- Betty Bender

'If in doubt, breathe out.'- Cathy Doberska

Hey I'm not sure where its from but my favourite quote is something like 'my contractions cannot be stonger than me; because they are me' I loved that.

Hey I'm not sure where its from but my favourite quote is something like 'my contractions cannot be stonger than me; because they are me' I loved that.

ooh love that one earthquake!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"