Natural birth with a sunny-side up baby?

It's Entenox (nitrous oxide and oxygen), known in North America as laughing gas.

yeah most US hospitals dont offer that here.

Im in the USA and I had DS1 intervention and drug free and he was perssitantly face up. Little stinker! lol

Here was my birth story with him. ( https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...-arrival-posterior-style-bradley-way-3-a.html )
im not going to lie. it was lonnnggg. it was hard...and it hurt a million times worse than my labor with DS2 (who was not face up) BUT it can be done. Posterior labors just take more support and more patience (A LOT more patience bc they can take longer, but not always). But it can def be done! Hydrotherapy will be your best friend!

Also, only 5% of babies are actually born face up. 50% of all women enter labor with a face up baby, but only 5% are born that way. So theres a good change your LO will turn at some point, but in the meantime id suggest lots of counter pressure and hip squeezes as well as lots of moving and listening to your body. And of course hot water.

you can also ask for sterile hot water injections in your back. I didn't know about them otherwise i would have done it. Its basically just a shot of hot water into ur lower back, but apparently they work pretty well ay reducing te pain of back labor,from what i hear. Since its just water, there are no drugs involved. If I have another face up I will be asking for them

i would highly recommend water birth too...im bias though lol

DS was back to back for the whole of my pregnancy. It did bother me but I tried to just remind myself that most babies turn etc. Then at 39 weeks he turned right round and I went into labour the next day and had a lovely birth. Don't panic about position in pregnancy, it is possible to birth back to back but most babies will get themselves sorted in time! X

I had back labor and didn't find it more painful than regular unmedicated labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->