Natural Birth?

Holldoll

Mom of 1 Princess
Reaction score
Have any of you ladies had a natural birth with no medicine? I'm really leaning towards it, I've heard WAY too many stories about epidurals. But I'm REALLY scared. Both my sisters and my Mom have had natural births, so I know it can be done. I haven't talked to them about it, because we are waiting until 10 weeks to tell anyone. So just hoping to get some answers before the next 4 weeks. It seems FOREVER away!

i had a natural birth with my son, and an epidural with my daughter, the birth of callum was so much better!!!! and he was 10lb 1 lol!!! be prepared to keep your options open though! your birth plan usually goes out the window!!!

Hey Vanny we did the same LOL
I had Epi with Em and took hours, natural with Jack and was amuch better experience(only 'cos when i screamed for Epi it was too late LOL)

You're a brave woman lol. I thought id achieved something only using Gas & Air.. that was bad enough! But good luck :)

I talked to my sister about it today, not telling her I was pregnant, managed to turn it into a casual conversation. She said she feels like it was because of the epidural and lack of a midwife that her baby she had it with aspirated and ended up with lung problems.

I would just suggest going with the flow hun and doing what you feel is right at the time
Just to let you know both my birth plans went straight out of the window, you just never can tell how you are going to feel or what is going to happen

have to agree with jo! i wanted an epi with my son, but went to hosp at 4 an had him at 4:55!!! lol!

I had a 100% Natural birth with all three of my sons. I had heard to many cases when people had, had drugs and the babies heart rate had dropped and one thing led to another and have ended up having a c-section.

I spoke to my Gyno while I was pregnant and told him what my feelings were. I said " I want it noted now while I am still sane", lol.

If things had have gotten out of hand, my Gyno would have knocked me out and took bubs ( I am anti an Epi cause I have seen the negative effects it can have).

I am glad I had all my babies Naturally, I was also lucky to have pretty quick labours (1st 6hrs 11min, 2nd 45min, 3rd 1hr 30min).

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Bek you are a lucky cow, 45 minutes? mine was like 14 hours lol

hahaha...ive just been to my mums after reading this and she said she was in labour for 26hrs :rofl:...count your blessings :p

Bek you are a lucky cow, 45 minutes? mine was like 14 hours lol

Exactly. Who knows how I would have been if I was in labour that long.
14hrs with only Gas and Air is pretty amazing, my girlfriend had that before her Epi and said it did nothing for pain relief, it just made her tired and light headed.

I need to say , I luv looking at your bethanie's pic, she is soooooooooooooo adorable and her little chubby cheeks awwwwwwwwwwww.

I had a 100% Natural birth with all three of my sons. I had heard to many cases when people had, had drugs and the babies heart rate had dropped and one thing led to another and have ended up having a c-section.

I didnt have a section, but Nickys heartrate went from 145 to 55, so he was litterally dragged out of me at full force... I couldnt have done it without the epi tho...

Exactly. Who knows how I would have been if I was in labour that long.
14hrs with only Gas and Air is pretty amazing, my girlfriend had that before her Epi and said it did nothing for pain relief, it just made her tired and light headed.

I need to say , I luv looking at your bethanie's pic, she is soooooooooooooo adorable and her little chubby cheeks awwwwwwwwwwww.
Aww thank you. I thought gas and air was quite good, but as they say it only takes the edge off of the pain, it doesn't take it away. It def helped me cope a lot better though and I had a water birth so that was nice too!

i just had gas and air with my son but my labour wasnt so bad... he was born 3 hours after my waters broke

now u guys have me even more scared about this.===cause i;m planning on a natural birth but i dont want to be in pain for that many hours----------

now u guys have me even more scared about this.===cause i;m planning on a natural birth but i dont want to be in pain for that many hours----------

You will be fine, and it is a gradual pain, it works its way up. Besides time flyes when your having fun.

You will do great Mate :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I suffered a 36 hour labour with Lauren and didnt have any pain relief until i was the full 10cm dilated. the pain wasnt that bad, I just kept pacing the hospital ward and had 3 baths. I eventually had the epi, and my midwife let me sleep for about half an hour. Toward the end, Laurens heart rate was all over the place so she was eventually yanked out with the forceps.It was all worth it in the end.

I was really pushing for a c-section but since I have started taking my prenatal fitness classes, and reading your post, I have definitely changed my mind. From what I understand, the recovery is much much faster with a natural birth. I just hope I can cope, Still quite scared like Princess stated.

You HAVE to keep an open mind! I wrote out a birth plan at 30 weeks, went through it with the midwife and kept it in my notes. It went out of the window when I went 11 days over, went in to be induced, was in labour for 22 hours, prolonged 2nd stage, failed forceps ending in a emergency section. I was in labour for 21 hours before I had the spinal block for the section and an hour before that I was given the gas & air so for 20 hours solid I coped with the pain with NO pain relief at all. It was HELL. I had no idea any of this was going to happen. No matter if i'd demanded this and that I wouldn't have been able to have it because of what happened. It IS a good idea having a birth plan but it can't be set in stone, no-one knows how events will turn out :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Any more natural birth stories! Need some encouragement for those of us "hoping" to do it without pain relief ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->