Natural birthing book recommendations?

Diamondgirl13

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

This is my first baby and would like a natural birth (or only gas and air)! I'm looking for some birthing books to do as much research as possible and I believe knowledge is power!!

Thanks x

Anything by Ina May Gaskin, she's a legend & my new hero!

I've been reading 'Ina May's guide to childbirth' which has opened up my eyes!

I wasn't really thinking to much along the lines of a natural child birth, but then i met with a friend of mine who has recently trained as a doula, & she gave me this book. I really respect her & she asked me to read it, so I did &'im so grateful to her as this book as made feel so confident about the birth & now I want a natural birth.
Ina May also has a book called 'spiritual midwifery' I think. This is also a read apparently.

Anything by Ina May Gaskin, she's a legend & my new hero!

I've been reading 'Ina May's guide to childbirth' which has opened up my eyes!

I wasn't really thinking to much along the lines of a natural child birth, but then i met with a friend of mine who has recently trained as a doula, & she gave me this book. I really respect her & she asked me to read it, so I did &'im so grateful to her as this book as made feel so confident about the birth & now I want a natural birth.
Ina May also has a book called 'spiritual midwifery' I think. This is also a read apparently.

this, exactly.. i would read guide to childbirth first... evidentally spiritual midwifery is kinda edgy, and throws around some language one might find crude...

I also recommend Ina May's guide to childbirth!

I was hoping to do the Bradley Method so I read that book too. But my dh ended up not being allowed in with me so all that practicing together didn't help. I found the knowledge I got from Ina May to be far more valuable.

Yes, Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. I also found a little book called Natural Birth by Kristina Turner to be really empowering.

Also, I can't recommend enough doing some sort of hypnotherapy (I did Natal Hypnotherapy). They usually have good books that come along with the programme. The Effective Birth Preparation book that goes with the NH programme was also fab and much more accessible, especially for partners, than some of the other stuff out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->