Natural cough remedies?

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
My poor little bug has had a hacking flemmy cough since the beginning of Feb. It's gone away once, when we were on hols in Mallorca (good as reason as any to convince DH to move there...) but came back when we got home.
It got worse again on Friday eve and we took her to the hospital as she had a temp which wasn't going down with paracetemal and she screamed everytime I touched her. Was worried she had a chest infection, but they said it's just influenza.
So now what do we do?? She's been taking a cough syrup for a month and a half. I put her in a steamy room in the evenings to try and make the night easier. The only other thing I've been recommended is milk and honey but she's not meant to have honey yet.
Anyone got other suggestions? She's waking up with it all through the night and in the mornings she can't stop crying coz the hacking hurts :(

:( I'm sorry Henny, sounds awful, poor Sofia. Freya hasn't really had any bad coughs, she has chesty ones, but not ones like that. I bought some nelsons sootha, which has the homeopathic remedy bryonia in it, don't know how good it is as haven't really had the chance to test it, but it's natural, so that's good.

https://www.teetha.co.uk/Sootha_pg4.aspx

It says 12 months or over, I'm guessing because of the honey, but Freya did have a little bit :blush:

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->