Natural heartburn cures?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
I get heartburn even when I'm not pregnant and so when I am pregnant, it gets so bad that when I go to eat a meal, I still feel full off the last one because of acid buildup and then I don't eat as much. I see my midwife on Tuesday and will ask her but I was wondering if any of you ladies have any natural heartburn remedies? Antacids like Tums and Rolaids don't help me and in fact make me sick. I used Zantac in previous pregnancies but I want to leave medicine as a last resort.

Lay on your left side, If you lay on the right causes more back flow of stomach acid. Milk and yogurt is supposed to help but never tried as I do not eat/drink those. I have found peppermint tea eases the heartburn, I brew it really strong.

Nothing helps mine 😞 I have a hiatus hernia. So heartburn is the worst. Not found anything tho that helps. I was meant to have an operation I. June. But as I'm pregnant now have to wait. So if you find anything let me know too it's awful x

When I was pregnant with dd my heartburn was the worst, I had to sleep in a recliner and even then I'd sometimes choke on my reflux in my sleep and end up vomiting. .. and talk abouy painful ... once I thought for sure I was having a heart attack ...
Anyway read up on it then and one site told me a spoonful of mustard, something about the acid in the mustard made your stomach want to stop producing acid, I tried it, it burned like hades and then in about 5 minutes it stopped burning and all was fine.. I ran out of mustard doing that haha.. I can't remember how long it lasted or anything, I just remember it worked !! It was hard to choke down a whole spoon of mustard though....
I'll try to think of some other remedies I tried... eventually I had to resort to milk of magnesia but at one point nothing helped anymore and I was ju at in pure agony... milk did work but it didn't last long!!!

My pregnancy yoga teacher told us to try eating almonds to get rid of heartburn. I haven't tried it though.

Thanks for all the recommendations... I'll have to try those :) Pinkpassion it is funny that you mentioned mustard because that is something I have been craving recently... maybe it is my body trying to tell me something... and any other time I hate mustard!

a table spoon of mustard, honestly it works. sorry i'm sneaking in here from third tri

No need to apologize... you're still welcome here! I'm going to try the mustard and see if it works :)

I find sparkling mineral water a big help to take the edge off.
Dairy generally makes it worse for me though, although some say it works.
Raw Apple cider vinegar (that still contains the 'mother') is supposed to be fantastic for reducing excess acid, however I'm not sure if it's pregnancy safe as it could contain bacteria. I'd guess it's a similar principle to the mustard, so would be tempted to try that one.

Ice cold milk helps mine i have a pint before bed and im good too go

i went through 6pints of milk like every 2 days. the heartburn was awful =( hope you find something that works hun xx

Thank you ladies for the helpful info! I tried the mustard. It was instant relief but it was temporary. I also have been drinking milk before bed and noticed that I haven't been waking up with acid in my throat in the middle of the night like I was before so something must be helping :)

I heard chalky sweets like love hearts are meant to help, not sure what they would be called where you are.
yet to try it out as only had heartburn once in this pregnancy so far

I know what you're talking about little steph... we call them "sweethearts" over here... I may have to give them a try! Thank you for the suggestion :)

Frozen pineapple chunks was the only thing that helped my horrible heart burn with my first pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->