Natural Labor ?

teenmommy7803

2nd Tri Mummy To Bee
Reaction score
Heeey,

i've been deeply considering a natural labor, with no epidural but i am a little worried about the pain. Though the sounds of the epidural needle scares me more im still frightened.

Not only am i afraid of the needle, a part of me wants to experience the whole beautiful experience full force, even the scary pain !

Im wondering if anyone has or knows anyone who's had experience with a Natural birth and can tell me a little about their experience, thatd be wonderful :) Just anything and everything about it would be great !

Thank youu ,
:hugs:

Hi there. It is totally realistic to have an unmedicated birth! Just make sure you stay healthy and dont go in for an induction! As long as you dont have a health concern, dont let them give you scare tactics of going overdue and whatnot. Thats one of my best advice. Also, do you have NetFlix? Be sure to watch "The Business of Being Born". Now it looks as if you are not in the US but it is still a very informative movie that i highly recommend.

I think you should also consider a birth doula. As well as taking child birth classes OUTSIDE of the hospital (like the bradley method, or hypno birthing).

Here is a link to my natural, unmedicated birth. Feel free to read it! Also, i can't remeber if i updated my birth story or not, but it turns out that my son was back to back (sunny side up/posterior). So just wanted to point that out as ppl think its impossible to birth a back to back baby unmedicated, but this is simply not the case.

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...-arrival-posterior-style-bradley-way-3-a.html

I know you can do it hun x

oh yeah, and you should watch some unmedicated births. Dont let them scare you! But i think its important! So go to youtube.com and search "drug free birth" or "unmedicated birth" or even "homebirth" (just to get an idea). I also stopped into the natural birth thread on here a lot and i read about natural births.

I had my baby without any meds. It was the most empowering experience of my life. I focused really hard on my breathing and lost awareness of those around me. I breathed how it felt comfortable for me (It was a mixture of inhaling and then moaning). The contractions were painful, but it was doable. Pushing, felt great:thumbup: It was such a relief. I was able to tell the doctors when I was ready to push.
I was in active labor for 4.5 hours and pushed him out in 14 minutes.:thumbup:

Ina may's guide to child birth is a GREAT book for labor pain tools and positions it's an amazing book! I would recommend that. Also great advice from Guppy that's what I would say too you NEED a doula! Trust me I had a home birth and I couldn't have done it without my doula. FANTASTIC!

Thank you everyone, May i ask what a Doula is ? :)
And Guppy, i'll read your story for sure ! :)

A doula is a a birth coach or labor assistant. Basically they are there to help YOU and most of the time will be your activist in times of difficulty. They give your massages and pretty much do anything you need. VERY friendly VERY nice. Seriously don't go with out one!! Great reminders of how to relax too. Mine would say, "relax your face relax your body, breathe deep down to the baby." Really reassuring that you CAN do it. :)

I think I would have had a hard time with a doula. I didn't want anyone touching me and I didn't care to listen to anyone either. I was in my own little world.
I can see how it would be good for some people though. (I was really looking forward to the massages, but when the time came, people touching me was uncomfortable).:shrug:

It's not just about that though, they know your birth plan and help you stick too it. It gives you another voice.. And support for daddy too.

I am a doula :D And trust me we know how to cater to those who want touched and those who do not ;) most doulas are certified and trained on the matter. I love my job! Every woman is different, especially in labor so we know how to adapt to meet their needs :thumbup: In my opinion everyone should have a doula, even those that choose a medicated birth, with that said, i wish greatly that i had a doula with my son. I didn't technically have one but my mother gave birth unmedicated 4x out of 5 so having her there was very much so like a doula.

Speaking of doulas, if money is a problem, look for certifying doulas (usually they will do it for no cost or for a major reduction in price) or ask to barter. Doulas are super flexible when it comes to fees so dont be afraid to ask even if it doesn't seem like you can afford it! They are usually always willing to work something out :D

The pain of childbirth is something almost all women fear. Yes, there will be times it will be challenging, intense and even painful. But the entire labor process is not painful. Majority of the labor the contractions will feel like menstrual cramps. Once you get close to transition it will start to get more uncomfortable. Try to remember that the closer you get to "painful" contractions, the closer you get to your baby coming out. Transition is an intense, emotional and even painful experience. Your hormones are now on full blast and transition is the time when you dialate the quickest and to the full 10 centemeters. It also starts sending signals to help your baby navigate through your birth canal and out to the world. Because of all the hormones being released and the speedy dialation, it can be painful. But remember that this means you're almost done, and that pain or intense contractions are a good thing.

Getting the epidural can make the signals get lost. You need that pain to help signal to your body to dialate and to help baby move. A lot of times when an epidural is placed a woman will "stall out". That is because the signals aren't working any more and the body is not sure what to do. The epidural can be good in some circumstances, but if you don't need it, it's best to let your body do what it needs to.

NaturalMomma;

i really like the sounds of the natural even more now, thank you for sharing that with me. I'm thinking about doing it natural for sure.
I was also told that epidural gives more chances of having to have a c-section so i liked the idea of vaginal birth better as well !

thanks again . :)

I had a natural birth and i would do it again tomorrow. The pain feels bad at the time but it is most definitely possible. When i was pregnant i read a book about a home for unmarried mothers in Ireland in the 1950's and they had no medicine available to them so every one of them had to do it with no drugs because there was no option.

i had an unmedicated labour - it was painful but bearable but i'm absolutely glad i refused everything they tried to give me :D

i had an unmedicated labour - it was painful but bearable but i'm absolutely glad i refused everything they tried to give me :D

Samsie :D

Ps Portsmouth? ...like Portsmouth, New Hampshire USA?! I live 15 min from there!

I am also having a natural, drug free birth. I never wanted to have an epidural anways, but even more so now seeing as the hospital in Spain has refused to give me one for medical reasons. They said if I do need an emergency c-section I will have to be asleep.

I have read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and also watched Orgasmic Birth. I highly recommend that documentary! It was so empowering. The ladies in the home and natural birthing section are wonderful and so knowledgable as well.

You are more than capable of having a natural birth. It is what our bodies are made to do. :flower:

My first birth was planned to be at home but courtesy of unnecessary intervention ended up very differently and after 30 hours or so I had an epidural. Before that I had pethidine and had gas all the way through the last half.

My second birth was successfully at home and I used no meds at all. It was 22 hours in total and I used hypnobirthing through the first maybe 20 when it all got really hard and fast and I didn't have the same control as before.

Comparing the two I would go natural every time. The first time lacked everything I hoped for. In contrast I loved the hours of early labour using hypno. I could honestly have done it for way longer! It was so fast at the end no meds would've helped anyway. I hate gas so though the mw kept offering I didn't want it.

Whilst it's scary to think about beforehand, once in labour it's totally different. Yes it's painful, especially at the end but by the time it's getting bad you are getting into another world. I delivered my girl within half an hour easily after getting to the I can't do it bit that marks transition. I had the most surreal vision whilst my body pushed and was absolutely on a high after the birth, something I sure didn't experience first time around.

Both my birth stories are in my sig if you're interested.

Whilst it's scary to think about beforehand, once in labour it's totally different. Yes it's painful, especially at the end but by the time it's getting bad you are getting into another world. I delivered my girl within half an hour easily after getting to the I can't do it bit that marks transition. I had the most surreal vision whilst my body pushed and was absolutely on a high after the birth, something I sure didn't experience first time around.

I completly agree! My transition lasted 8-9 hours :shock: (that was much longer than i had learned!- he was posterior though). Anyways, it was bad, but like Peanut says, by the time you get to the point, you are experiencing something divine. something spiritual. It is like an out of body experience. When the pain would come i could sort of see myself birthing. Like i was an observer in the room. then when the pains left i would go back into this other spiritual level inside of myself. I dont know how to describe it, but like peanut said, once you get to that level of pain, you forget your surroundings, you are aware of them, but its different than before. Its amazing. Best high of my life. I have never felt God's presence more in my life and i dont anticipate that i ever will until i meet Him or i give birth unmedicated again (which i will).

Wow. I have chills. That's EXACTLY how I felt. Nothing more rewarding.. :) transition was fairly short it was in the dissent that was the most intense. But it's so short in the spectrum of labor. I was only in labor for 9 hours though and only the last 2 were intense. I really do think that was because I was at home and I really let my body to what it needed to.. Oh and I visualized alot, saying open open open. I know it seems silly but they say it helps! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->